Dealer trade offer lol

So I'm looking to upgrade my truck to a 2500 series. Speaking to a dealer who has a 2015 High Country with 43,000 miles on it he's asking $49,900. His internet price is 45, 900. So I sent him my truck that i want to use as a trade. Its a 2014 1500 High Country with 48000 miles. He gets back to me a couple hours later in an email and says that they are offering me a $31,000 trade in. What has everybody else gotten on a trade. I think thts a little low.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats kbb say on your truck? I check mine every so often. I have a 2015 LTZ Z71 1500 crew cab short bed with 24000 on it and kbb says 36 for my trade. So theres a reference. Not sure what condition yours is in, but its a year older than mine with double the miles so maybe 31k isnt so bad.

At end of last year my 2015 SLT AT 6.2 CCSB had just under 18k miles. Wanted to trade for a new 2016 2LZ Z71 6.2 CCSB, condition 9.5 out of 10 and initial trade offer was 38K. Unfortunately dealer was verrrrry slow to respond and the Z71 sold before I received their offer and could go make deal. Bunch of Bozos???

At end of last year my 2015 SLT AT 6.2 CCSB had just under 18k miles. Wanted to trade for a new 2016 2LZ Z71 6.2 CCSB, condition 9.5 out of 10 and initial trade offer was 38K. Unfortunately dealer was verrrrry slow to respond and the Z71 sold before I received their offer and could go make deal. Bunch of Bozos[emoji84][emoji84][emoji84]

I owe 36 or 37k. Was hoping around 36. Kbb says 33 34. Private sell 36. Man did this truxk tank lol

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I traded my 2015 LT 2WD with about 15k on it. Pristine condition and I got more than 31k for it... Hell I paid 32,700 for it new.

The reality is the difference from an LT to a HC used isn't much.

It's always risky going off what KBB says. I'll guarantee KBB isn't what the dealer uses to value what they pay on trade ins, but they will use it to value a used car they're selling. KBB is always optimistic. The Honda and Ford dealers I worked for used Galves. It's like KBB but subscription based geared towards dealers and gives significantly lower values for trade ins than KBB or similar sites like Edmunds.

The last KB value was right on for my last few vehicles. I usually check the lots or internet to see what retail is on like vehicles so I'm well armed when dealing. And more important I only buy on sale vehicles I usually trade every two years. As much as I love vehicles I take emotion out when buying. I had three different cars I was dealing, all with 10K off the trade in price sold the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back in the 80's I knew a couple car salesman. They said new vehicles were marketed at $4 k - $6 k over cost.

Used vehicles were marketed at $1500 - $4 k over cost.

:happysad:

Archived