rattle

ewiski

I have this rattle that is driving me nuts. Its coming from the bottom middle of the dash under where the black cover is for the a/c stuff. I read on another site a guy stuffed a sock between the floor and black a/c cover on the left side. It helps some but comes back. It seems to be coming from where the actuator is. Anyone ever heard of this?

I did take the black cover off and it still makes that noise going over bumps.

Almost sounds like a metallic sound.

2014 Silverado lt jump seat not center console.

My 2014 made a noise in the lower dash area and turned out to be loose screws in the knee panel below the steering wheel. Take the panel off below the steering wheel and then tighten the loose screws.

I had a rattle under the knee panel that was driving me nuts. Finally just passed my hands under there while driving down a rough road the other day and figured out where it was rattling. It's a bracket of some type that just feels loose. I stuffed some folded up paper in there for now until I can get under there to give everything a good tightening.

yea I tightened the screws under the knee cover area awhile back. they were loose but not making any noise. their is some actuator for the ac that seems to be making a noise going over bumps. I haven't totally figure out what it is. since im not a contortionist its hard to inspect it.

I originally thought it was coming from the center jump seat but I took that out and confirmed its not that unfortunately.

Archived