Just pulled the trigger on a Silvarado 1500 CPO

I've been browsing lots of GM forums recently and was a little worried about all the complaints about "shaking at 60mph", and engines full of carbon.

So I went ahead, got my pennies together and bought a CPO'd 2015 Silvarado LT. Worst purchase ever? We'll see. :happysad:

I looked at Tundras (too pricey, and big), Rams (not a fan of the look), and Ford F150's (don't trust aluminum frames). Silvarado/Sierra was the only truck that appealed to me on a broad scale.

So far, my impressions:

- Surprisingly no shaking at any speed (30 all the way to 80). I was expecting my teeth to be chattering non-stop at 60mph. Nope, very smooth and powerful. I do notice that the transmission shifts a little hard into 2nd at below 30, but nothing ridiculous.

- No wind noise complaints. It's quiet in the truck.

- Ride height isn't low at all. Not sure why people say this. I was riding next to a Tundra on the way home and thought we were pretty much equal.

Wish I had the bigger 8 inch screen, and I wish I had to LTZ headlights.

Other than that, this being my first full size truck, I'm looking forward to loading all of my plinking gear in the back and going out to BLM land without having to worry if my car is going to get stuck driving to the site. :driving:

Thinking of installing a catch can and getting a tonneau cover as well.

- Ride height isn't low at all. Not sure why people say this. I was riding next to a Tundra on the way home and thought we were pretty much equal.

I don't think many people complain about the height they are sitting at. Most people are more concerned with the low ground clearance due to the plastic valence below the front bumper. It can be removed it if it bothers you.

Also, for some reason people don't like that the front wheel wells are lower than the rear wells, so that's why people put a leveling kit on. Then if you ever put 200# in the bed your nose is sticking up in the air. But to each his own.

You selected a fine truck. same model as I have, I absolutely love it. I hope you enjoy it!

Congratulations on your new truck. If you are going to be using 4WD, browse through your owners manual to get familiar with it before using it.

Thanks will do.

Everyone loves my CPO 2015 LT but me. I shake, clunk, and roll like a tank. But it starts up every morning. What more can I ask? Enjoy your new to you truck.

Is the shake really bad? Sorry to hear that man.

Welcome to this forum and congratulations on your new truck. 2015 was a very fine year for GM trucks!

I hope so. I plan to keep this thing for 10 years.

My '15 is smooth as silk. No issues, and approaching 30k miles. I did remove the air dam. Check out the link in my signature if you's like to see how it looks.

Archived