Trouble prone?

Hi guys just bought a new 17' 4x4 crew cab short box LT plus package, All star package, bucket/power heated seats, and 18" wheels with ATR tires last week. The truck rebate event was too good to pass up. So far I tinted the front windows, spray in bed liner (Bullet Liner), added frame plugs and a 10" sub woofer under the rear seat.

I wanted a Silverado for some time but reading this forum oh man, it seems like there are lots of issues with this truck. I have never owned a truck, car, ATV or motorcycle that the owners forums were plagued with all of these issues that are posted here. For the most part my last 3 trucks only needed oil and gas and were trouble free for 10 years. This is my first Chevy and I love it but some of post make me feel like I bought a lemon. Am I being paranoid?

Anyway glad to be here and love the ideas Im getting from here.

Welcome to this forum. You will find many helpful members on this site. I've owned several GM and Ford pickups over the past few decades and my favorite truck for reliability, comfort and ride has been my 2015 4x4 crew cab SLE. (The coolest truck I've owned was a 72 F100 4spd V8) Enjoy your truck and if it has a problem, have it repaired under warranty!

Just keep in mind, that most issues are amplified on a forum. People that do have an issue want to make sure to express it. You always have to think that most people on this forum are very in tune with their vehicle, so they may notice more than an average person. They are great trucks, enjoy it.

Hi guys just bought a new 17' 4x4 crew cab short box LT plus package, All star package, bucket/power heated seats, and 18" wheels with ATR tires last week. The truck rebate event was too good to pass up. So far I tinted the front windows, spray in bed liner (Bullet Liner), added frame plugs and a 10" sub woofer under the rear seat.

I wanted a Silverado for some time but reading this forum oh man, it seems like there are lots of issues with this truck. I have never owned a truck, car, ATV or motorcycle that the owners forums were plagued with all of these issues that are posted here. For the most part my last 3 trucks only needed oil and gas and were trouble free for 10 years. This is my first Chevy and I love it but some of post make me feel like I bought a lemon. Am I being paranoid?

Every manufacturer has their own problems. Go read the Ford or Chrysler forums. Lots of people on there with problems also. Enjoy your truck and don't be so paranoid. If something breaks take it to the dealer and have it repaired. That's what warranty is for. Enjoy the new truck!

Yea reading a forum will make you think your truck is crap. But it's also fun to be on here and check out what others are doing so were addicted to the forum.

My 2014 z71 had 55k perfect miles. And I actually go down trails and use the truck at the dunes.

My 2017 now has 10k perfect miles. Love these trucks and the fact that the v8 is so reliable.

Seeing how GM has sold over 3 Million of these trucks, the representation on these forums is a small percentage of overall owners and their problems. If you research neutral sources, such as US News Auto, they give the Silverado/Sierra above average reliability and rank it as the #2 full size truck in terms of reliability behind the Tundra. The ford forums like to bash the "Chevy Shake" but conviently ignore the problems many have had with intercoolers and body panel issues with aluminum. As i always say with these questions, if you want to enjoy your truck, or any vehicle, stay off of the forums. Welcome and congrats on your new ride...enjoy.

Welcome to the forum! And congrats on your new truck.

Like most things in life, you usually hear more about the negative things vs. the positive, and that is also true on the internet. Unless your truck actually shows signs of an issue, I would not worry. Most of the vehicles I have ever owned have been GM vehicles and have also had them with other family members. They are great and I have found usually very minimal maintenance is required if you treat them right. Are there issues that pop up from time to time? You bet, and it can suck. But that's what the warranty is for. And if it's out of warranty, these forums are fantastic for helping determine the cause and how to fix it, as well as where the best place is to find parts for cheap. Anyways, don't worry. You'll love your truck! There are tons of happy members on these forums who would also agree. :chevy:

Want to see some serious engine issues? Check out the issues with the Ecoboost 3.5 v6. It didnt take me long to realize to stay clear of that motor.

Relax, it's the internet = where whiners wail

Archived