Center console organizer tray for Colorado / Canyon

salex

Hello,

Any interest in a center console organizer for the Colorado / Canyon trucks?

Salex Organizers manufactures Vehicle OCD™ center console organizers. We offer center console organizers for the full size GM trucks and SUVs. I get occasional requests through email and recently on the Facebook page to design an organizer for the Colorado / Canyon.

I would like to hear from owners to see the interest level and any requests or comments on the design.

UPDATE - January 2018

The Vehicle OCD™ for the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon is complete and available to order.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0773S1MF2

SLX138 installed.jpg

Hmmm. Would this I assume be for the center bin (the armrest is the lid)? Obviously not that little forward cubby in front of the shifter...

Sounds like a nice feature. Its a deep bin and all, but it would be nice to have a higher up spot to stash things in. I'd be of interest. My only design suggestion would be to keep clearance for the USB in the bin. I use that one for my iPhone charge cord as I love the fact I can tuck the whole cord in the console and just leave about 6-8 inches of it hanging out. My phone sits in the tray right in front of the console. Also, I wouldn't want one that is really deep per say, as to keep clearance for anything larger underneath it.

Hmmm. Would this I assume be for the center bin (the armrest is the lid)? Obviously not that little forward cubby in front of the shifter...

Sounds like a nice feature. Its a deep bin and all, but it would be nice to have a higher up spot to stash things in. I'd be of interest. My only design suggestion would be to keep clearance for the USB in the bin. I use that one for my iPhone charge cord as I love the fact I can tuck the whole cord in the console and just leave about 6-8 inches of it hanging out. My phone sits in the tray right in front of the console. Also, I wouldn't want one that is really deep per say, as to keep clearance for anything larger underneath it.

Yes, the center console. When you lift the armrest the tray stays with the lower console. The tray for the full size trucks is 2" deep. That is a good depth for phones, wallets, glasses, pens, gum, etc. Leaving access to the USB port would definitely be a feature. Thanks for your feedback!

• 4 weeks later...

Looking for some feedback from Colorado / Canyon owners. 

I have a 3D printed part for the new center console tray due tomorrow to check fit.  The attached picture is showing the tray with a rubber mat in the bottom.  The tray will be black along with the rubber mat.  I have it gray just to see the mat in the bottom.  The tray is 2.5" deep at the back. 

I would like to get feedback on dividing the tray into compartments or leaving it open like shown.  

slx138-proto.jpg

14 hours ago, wahudiditagain said:

Hope this is still an option. I had a Salex  in my Tacoma and have been hoping for one for my Colorado.

It's in process.  Any thoughts on dividing it up or leaving it open like the picture shows?

• 3 weeks later...

Just another update.  Email response has been strong.  As you all know this is a product that has been missing from the market.  Availability is still January 2018.  Price will be under $20. 

Follow Salex Organizers on Facebook and keep up with this product and other new products.  The Vehicle OCD™ organizers make great inexpensive Christmas gifts.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again,

Here is the 3D prototype in a 2018 Chevy Colorado.  It is a perfect fit!  Things are still tracking nicely for January availability.

Shoot me an email at [email protected] to be notified when available.

While you are waiting you can do some Christmas shopping.  Chose from over 40 Vehicle OCD™ procducts.  Unique, useful, American made Christmas presents!

SLX138 3D proto.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived