Guys with clear bra...step in!

Is your clear bra perfect? Or is it about 90% perfect with a few little imperfections here and there?

I ask because I just had clear bra installed by what I thought was by a professional this past Friday, and it looked very unacceptable...to me anyways. Bubbles everywhere, edges coming up at the corners, and even debris under some of the film. I know it is hard for these things to be perfect, but this seems awfully bad in my opinion....?

What are you guy's thoughts?

413575393.jpg

413575392.jpg

413575391.jpg

413575390.jpg

It's like tint, would you settle for bubbles in your windows? No, same with clear bra. Installer who knows what they are doing will do it correctly without bubbles.

Guy did take it back....picking it up today. He said he had to redo it all.

A co-worker had his car clear bra'd and said he went through the same thing and its still not perfect....he was telling me that it is almost impossible to get it perfect. I never had a vehicle with clear bra so I thought I'd check with you guys.

Had it redone ?? my guy does a great job , clear bra , window tint never a problem in the last 30 yrs of service

Yea....he apparently took it all off and started over. We will see when I go pick it up this evening.

Yea....he apparently took it all off and started over. We will see when I go pick it up this evening.

good luck . let us know how it turns out ?

good luck . let us know how it turns out ?

I'll post up pics and let you guys know. I went ahead and had him to do the rockers as well.

*I've seen the guys work, especially on window tint...he does good work. So this was very unexpected for me. Kinda makes you wonder.....I know.

Mine came out with 4-5 bubbles (pin size) when I had the full hood wrapped in Xpel. They were in the scoops on the hood.

The heats taken 1-2 of the bubbles out though.

I had the full front fenders wrapped as well, and there isn't a blemish on them. If you have debris caught, definitely take that sucker back in. But if it's only 4-5 bubbles, they'll usually work themselves out...or just have the installer squeegee the spots some.

Best part is you'll never have to worry about rock chips or waxing your clear bra. Just apply the recommended top coating every 3 months.

The heats taken 1-2 of the bubbles out.

what are you guys paying for the Xpel wrap? There is only one authorized installer in my area so I would like a ballpark idea before I go and talk to him. PM me if you would like.

thanks

what are you guys paying for the Xpel wrap? There is only one authorized installer in my area so I would like a ballpark idea before I go and talk to him. PM me if you would like.

thanks

Depends on what you’re looking at having wrapped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the truck back last nite. Its about 95% perfect with a few imperfections here and there..but overall 1000x better than the first go around. Product is 3M. I paid $909 for full front end on everything painted as well as headlights and fogs, front 1/4 hood and fenders, mirrors, behind front wheels, front and behind rear wheels. I plan on driving this truck a lot as it is my daily driver and hauler. If I get 5 years out of it...It was worth the investment.

I am happy with the job...just wish it was done right the first time. However, I will not be returning a customer to where I had it done, nor would I ever recommend anyone go there for clear film, tint, etc.

Here are some up close and updated pics.

413576505.jpg

413576506.jpg

413576507.jpg

413576508.jpg

Got the truck back last nite. Its about 95% perfect with a few imperfections here and there..but overall 1000x better than the first go around. Product is 3M. I paid $909 for full front end on everything painted as well as headlights and fogs, front 1/4 hood and fenders, mirrors, behind front wheels, front and behind rear wheels. I plan on driving this truck a lot as it is my daily driver and hauler. If I get 5 years out of it...It was worth the investment.

I am happy with the job...just wish it was done right the first time. However, I will not be returning a customer to where I had it done, nor would I ever recommend anyone go there for clear film, tint, etc.

Here are some up close and updated pics.

413576505.jpg

413576506.jpg

413576507.jpg

413576508.jpg

Send some pics of the 1/4 hood? I was looking at that option, but I hated that you could see the protection since the full hood wasn't wrapped.

I paid $750 for my full hood to be wrapped and my full front fenders to be wrapped in Xpel. Comes w/ a 1-year warranty for anything that goes wrong.

Planned on doing the mirrors, headlight trim, grille surround, and bumpershellz myself once color matched.

Did you get your full front bumper wrapped/grille surround wrapped?

Send some pics of the 1/4 hood? I was looking at that option, but I hated that you could see the protection since the full hood wasn't wrapped.

I paid $750 for my full hood to be wrapped and my full front fenders to be wrapped in Xpel. Comes w/ a 1-year warranty for anything that goes wrong.

Planned on doing the mirrors, headlight trim, grille surround, and bumpershellz myself once color matched.

Did you get your full front bumper wrapped/grille surround wrapped?

Full front bumper and grill surround is wrapped. Here are some pics of the line. You can see it..no getting around it when you do 1/4 way. Doesn't bother me....As long as it protects.

413576643.jpg

413576645.jpg

413576644.jpg

Archived