Guys with clear bra...step in!

Full front bumper and grill surround is wrapped. Here are some pics of the line. You can see it..no getting around it when you do 1/4 way. Doesn't bother me....As long as it protects.

413576643.jpg

413576645.jpg

413576644.jpg

Those lines are pretty damn straight - he did a good job I'd say!

Those lines are pretty damn straight - he did a good job I'd say!

Well the fact that he did a chitty job at first and hoped I'd accept is reason for me to never go back...plus the inconvenience of not having my truck for 3 full days with all this mess. Why do people suck?

Is your clear bra perfect? Or is it about 90% perfect with a few little imperfections here and there?

I ask because I just had clear bra installed by what I thought was by a professional this past Friday, and it looked very unacceptable...to me anyways. Bubbles everywhere, edges coming up at the corners, and even debris under some of the film. I know it is hard for these things to be perfect, but this seems awfully bad in my opinion....?

What are you guy's thoughts?

413575393.jpg

413575392.jpg

413575391.jpg

413575390.jpg

I have my 2017 Sierra all done on the front and it’s looks great, done my pillars and up the roof done up to the sunroof. You can look at it and you can’t even tell it has been done. I would take yours back and see if there is another company that can do it. My 2014 Sierra was done and a crappie job, big spaces not done to the edges. So my 2017 was done by another company here in Kelowna BC. I’m very happy with the job. Looks great. Again I would see if there’s another company that can redo your front. Looking at your pictures even though the 14 was not great, it still looks better than yours. For the money we spend on our trucks we do want them to look perfect. I hope you can have it done again. I would assume they have warranty for the work they do. Hope it works out for you. Be safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my 2017 Sierra all done on the front and it’s looks great, done my pillars and up the roof done up to the sunroof. You can look at it and you can’t even tell it has been done. I would take yours back and see if there is another company that can do it. My 2014 Sierra was done and a crappie job, big spaces not done to the edges. So my 2017 was done by another company here in Kelowna BC. I’m very happy with the job. Looks great. Again I would see if there’s another company that can redo your front. Looking at your pictures even though the 14 was not great, it still looks better than yours. For the money we spend on our trucks we do want them to look perfect. I hope you can have it done again. I would assume they have warranty for the work they do. Hope it works out for you. Be safe

I got it back redone and posted pics. It looks 1000x better. About 90% good I'd say. I feel like I've see guys with clear bra and they look great, like 100% perfect....but this is my first vehicle with it, so I guess I look for the imperfections and never noticed it on anyone else's.

I do a lot of driving, so 5 years out of this thing is considered a success for me....at that time, I'll get it redone and do a little bit more research and find a better installer. (even though my installer had great reviews and was a local guy....but I guess since it wasn't a Porsche, he really didn't give a chit about quality of work.)

• 2 weeks later...

I just took delivery of my 17 All Terrain but I paid extra for warranty that covers paint chips, scratches, dings, dents, debris that gets stuck on, windshield cracks, headlights etc etc. Basically anything cosmetic for the next five years. Would something like these wraps benefit me any? Just looking for yalls opinions.  

I had xpel ultimate applied to my 2017 midnight edition. Dropped it off in the morning and it was ready by 2:00 pm. Entire front end, a pillars and backs of mirrors. $750. 10 year warranty in writing. Application was done pretty damn perfect. You can see the line on the hood but that’s to be expected on any partial hood covering.

069cc061ad9b06412060f91d0aa10f1a.jpg

Mine is 3M. Quarter hood and front fenders. Door sills and back of door edges. Also behind door handles in the hollow. I should have had the flat black bumper done too. That was a mistake. I had it done at the same time I had the tint done so I can't say about cost. Is it perfect? I found a flaw here and there that you could look at a hundred times and not see and I have trouble finding them even when I go to point them out to some one. So its a pretty good job IMO. In the sun light if you look at the right angle you can see the line but 99.9% of the time it disappears.

Now, if I were to do this again...I'd have 100% coverage of the entire trucks painted area save the beds interior AFTER a total paint correction. I wasn't sure when I did it how much I would like it or how hard it would be to clean but this stuff is great.

I've had a few paint chips to repair and I will tell you not one of them was in a place you would have guessed you could get one.  

On 10/20/2017 at 2:01 PM, Loco-diablo said:

I had xpel ultimate applied to my 2017 midnight edition. Dropped it off in the morning and it was ready by 2:00 pm. Entire front end, a pillars and backs of mirrors. $750. 10 year warranty in writing. Application was done pretty damn perfect. You can see the line on the hood but that’s to be expected on any partial hood covering.

069cc061ad9b06412060f91d0aa10f1a.jpg

Very good deal...especially for Expel.  Its all about the installer...thats for sure. 

In 5 years or so when I'm due for a new bra...Definitely going with a better installer.  Going to do more diligent research. 

• 4 weeks later...

I just applied the 3M rocker panel kit on my 2018 All Terrain today. It covers behind the front tires, both lower doors, in front of the rear wheels and behind on the bed. It was my first time installing, but it wasn’t too difficult. Worst part was trimming around the little plastic trim on the lower front corner of the bed. The film wasn’t cut to go around it. That being said, I plan to have a professional do the front end. 

On 11/18/2017 at 6:22 PM, RigPig said:

I just applied the 3M rocker panel kit on my 2018 All Terrain today. It covers behind the front tires, both lower doors, in front of the rear wheels and behind on the bed. It was my first time installing, but it wasn’t too difficult. Worst part was trimming around the little plastic trim on the lower front corner of the bed. The film wasn’t cut to go around it. That being said, I plan to have a professional do the front end. 

Very nice.

I think the next time, I will attempt the install myself.  I know I could have done just as good as the so called professional install I currently have the on the truck.   

Archived