Slight acceleration has a lunge

2017 5.3 8,000 miles, when I cold start the last couple mornings, I slightly add a touch of throttle to get up the driveway. The idle seems like it's bouncing around a little. I know some talks about the accelerator backing plate needing reinforcing

Hmm.....how cold of a start? I wouldn’t worry too much about it if it’s slight, especially since carbon builds up on the top of fuel injectors and goes away shortly after it’s started. Now, obviously if it’s gets bad enough the MIL will come on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm.....how cold of a start? I wouldn’t worry too much about it if it’s slight, especially since carbon builds up on the top of fuel injectors and goes away shortly after it’s started. Now, obviously if it’s gets bad enough the MIL will come on.

60 degrees out, start, adjust seatbelt, plug in phone, trying to use as little pedal as possible to get up the slight grade, even on the flat when I hit the street. 5-10 mph

Interesting. 2017 4700 miles 5.3 and i get a slight shudder when driving slow or very slowly accelerating at slow speeds. I can see the rpm needle slightly bounce. I feel like it happens when shifting with slight acceleration as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

To be honest I don’t know if I’d worry too much about this. I could understand if it was an consistent enough misfire to cause the check engine light to come on. But at a cold start, the engine and the ECM are doing the best they can honestly. If you don’t experience this issue at operating temperature, leave it be. Ultimately, it’s a piece of machinery and some complaints I see working at multiple dealers are just the most unreal picky complaints ever! And before someone jumps on and says “well for a truck that’s costs....” lemme just say 35-60k for a full size truck is an average cost and to think that we as Silverado/Sierra owners are the only ones experiencing slight stumbles or shudders with the direct injected stuff, you’d be wrong. Every manufacturer is experiencing stuff like this.

Archived