Bent Frame from the factory on new Silverado?

13 hours ago, trucatfan said:

Little update

Service manager sent me an email last tuesday and said they had a possible "Fix" for my truck but he needed to show me in person- too hard to explain via e-mail or phone.  Swung by and the SM said that after 2 days of phone calls, he finally got a hold of the "Brand Quality Manager for the Silverado Engineering Dept".  According to that wizkid, 1/2" of bed lean/body line misalignment is "within normal  tolerance for a new Silverado"  My response to the manager was" go find a single truck on your lot, or any coming off of the transport that has even remotely close to 1/2" of body line misalignment and i'll buy that".  According to this brand quality Manager, 1/2" or more of bed misalignment to the cab is totally normal and common-  I said" If that were true it wouldn't have taken 2 days of calling to find someone with that knowledge".  Of course- according to the SM there is no documentation on this, no TSB's, it must just be one of them common problems that everybody has but doesn't talk about.

Here's where it gets really interesting though.  GM's alleged fix for this- undocumented of course- is to install 1ea of a part number 15018263 shim between the right front bed mount and the frame- IT"S A CAB MOUNT SHIM!!!  I asked why are they installing an oversized donut on a rectangle and the service manager couldn't answer that.  The shim is 3mm and they also have a 1MM shim available.  According to the service manager, this is all that GM authorizes to bring bed misalignments back under 1/2" ...which is "Normal".... on a brand new truck..., and then they wash their hands of it.... I don't think so.   One of the most notable BS remarks he fed me was that according to this Brand Quality manager, about 90% of new GM trucks  have one of these shims under the left front bed mount installed before they leave the factory-------Bulll shhhhhhhh...........is all i said to that.  That costs money- with 1% of the trucks having this installed they would find the problem and fix it to eliminate the shim- shims cost money.  90% -not a chance. 

I've been trying for 2 weeks to get the Gal at GM Customer Service to escalate my case to a manager- her response- " I can make the request to elevate it but it doesn't mean it will".   I ask to speak with with her supervisor- same response. I ask to speak with the regional service manager- same response. I told the service manager i want to setup a conf call with this Brand Quality Manager and he said he'd try but i already know the answer.  I called the GM gal back last Wed and demanded- repeatedly i get a call from her supervisor- she said Ok- 48 hours max return call time.  We've past 96 business hours- no call.    

The service manager told me he was going to install the shim and he's done with it.  Allegedly he requested GM pay to measure it out on a frame machine and they denied the request.  I  had to get pushy with him and told him i wasn't going to pick it up until it went on the frame machine- if GM wasn't going to cover it, then he is.   He finally responded a day later and said ok, they'll cover it since bed alignment was noted in the original purchase.  They are supposed to notify me when it's on the rack as at this point- I don't trust i'll get valid info out of them unless i'm standing there watching them measure it.  We'll find out this week.

As of today my truck mas been in their shop for 23 days total- out of the 46 i've owned it. 

Ridiculous.

I did put together a video of everything but the bed resolution issues on you tube.  Search for Davis Moore Chevrolet Dash cam- Oh-I caught 3 of their guys speeding in my truck and the service manager and the Sales manger talking smack about lazy employees- and how i'm a problem they need to get rid of.....seriously... and GM won't get involved.  Turned this into the attorney general for the state but they are slowww....

Post up the video

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to hate the dealer but after watching the video, sorry dude, they didn’t do anything wrong that was video taped. I can’t speak for how they handled the bed being out of level because the video didn’t really address that.

-pairing with bluetooth and the stereo, who the hell cares, that didn’t do any damage

-speeding, who the hell cares, they weren’t driving your truck like a jackass. Them going 20 over the speed limit, which wasn’t even that much faster than the flow of traffic, is meaningless to you in every way shape or form. It did zero damage or abuse to your vehicle and they only thing that was at risk was their own license.

-when the guy said “get rid of this problem”- how on earth are you offended by that. Sounds like to me he was trying to motivate someone more than complain about you. Even if he does think you’re truck is a problem, who cares, it was said in private. Infact if you were the dealership and GM gave you a truck out of level, you’d call it a problem too.

Do not spread this video, all it serves to do is get people in trouble for doing nothing wrong. Now if somebody did wrong you in regards to the repairs, you can make that public. But don’t jeopardize some guys job for doing something that has nothing to do with your problem.

i should be clear that I’m not all for the dealership, since it sounds like you were sold a truck that has a defect and they are not fixing it properly.

i’m very much opposed to most of that video though. Don’t get those random guys in trouble over stupid stuff. It’s not like they did burn outs or were going WOT everywhere.

2 hours ago, truckguy82 said:

I wanted to hate the dealer but after watching the video, sorry dude, they didn’t do anything wrong that was video taped. I can’t speak for how they handled the bed being out of level because the video didn’t really address that.

-pairing with bluetooth and the stereo, who the hell cares, that didn’t do any damage

-speeding, who the hell cares, they weren’t driving your truck like a jackass. Them going 20 over the speed limit, which wasn’t even that much faster than the flow of traffic, is meaningless to you in every way shape or form. It did zero damage or abuse to your vehicle and they only thing that was at risk was their own license.

-when the guy said “get rid of this problem”- how on earth are you offended by that. Sounds like to me he was trying to motivate someone more than complain about you. Even if he does think you’re truck is a problem, who cares, it was said in private. Infact if you were the dealership and GM gave you a truck out of level, you’d call it a problem too.

Do not spread this video, all it serves to do is get people in trouble for doing nothing wrong. Now if somebody did wrong you in regards to the repairs, you can make that public. But don’t jeopardize some guys job for doing something that has nothing to do with your problem.

i should be clear that I’m not all for the dealership, since it sounds like you were sold a truck that has a defect and they are not fixing it properly.

i’m very much opposed to most of that video though. Don’t get those random guys in trouble over stupid stuff. It’s not like they did burn outs or were going WOT everywhere.

It's a respect thing.  I spent 9 years turning wrenches and never broke the speed limit in a customers car unless is was part of a diagnosis- and only what was necessary.  I tried not to move the seat, the mirrors, or touch the radio-except for down. I always drove their vehicles like they were sitting next to me and that was well before dash cams. I'm not going to post 100% of the lethargic e-mail traffic between me and the sales manager but if you read them, understood his attitude and tone in his e-mail, then you'd be ticked too if he described you as being a problem.  After I advised the sales manager of the existence of the dash cam, he denied, denied, lied and lied- all via e-mail as well.  I actually wouldn't have been motivated to throw together the video had they responded honestly.   

As far as the guys in the video- none of them are innocent.  The first guy was mad at me because i refused to give OnStar my CC info to get 3 free months of service and he later told me that cost him $75.  The 2nd guy that i couldn't name initially is the service manager.  The 3rd guy is the 2nd in command in the sales management.  This behavior is a culture problem in the company.   In the end----they didn't fill up my gas tank like they said they would, forgot to mention that in the video. 

I've might of missed it but have you tried taking it to a other dealer? I would go take pick up the truck in the condition it's in and take to another dealer if you're not happy how they are treating you or how they are treating the issue of the bed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, SirenRed16 said:

I've might of missed it but have you tried taking it to a other dealer? I would go take pick up the truck in the condition it's in and take to another dealer if you're not happy how they are treating you or how they are treating the issue of the bed.

Not yet.  That's the next step.  I head to the body shop at 9am tomorrow to see what they found on the measurements. 

17 minutes ago, SirenRed16 said:

14 minutes ago, trucatfan said:

Not yet.  That's the next step.  I head to the body shop at 9am tomorrow to see what they found on the measurements. 

Another dealer will not want to inherit another dealers warranty work. Get with GM, if they give you the green light, then take it where you please. Being independent owners, the lots "problems" are theirs to fix.  

5 hours ago, trucatfan said:

Good Lord, you are a drama queen and a worst nightmare of a customer. Those guys did nothing wrong. I wish I had as much free time to edit and produce a video on a car dealership trying to slam the guys.

I understand your frustration around the whole bed situation and everything but the dashcam video shows nothing to be mad about, 

How can you be bothered by a manager saying to his employee about making something done today, if I get something from it it's that he really want to make it work for you, I dont remember how many times I said those exact same words to my employees...

Yes they ****ed up in the first place but as someone else say up here, this video shows nothing and should be removed.

2 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Another dealer will not want to inherit another dealers warranty work. Get with GM, if they give you the green light, then take it where you please. Being independent owners, the lots "problems" are theirs to fix.  

I bought my truck at a ford dealer

Not a peep from the GM dealer I take it to. The service department could give a flying **** where I bought it. They give me loaners for everything, (gave me a denali ultimate twice), they handle recalls and any sort of problem and not once has it come up that I did not buy the vehicle there.

I see nothing wrong as far as the video goes. Who cares if they went over the speed limit? Big deal. The only thing I would be upset about is the bed having to be shimmed. All the time you spent producing this video you could have fixed all the issues yourself and still had time left over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

18 hours ago, truckguy82 said:

I have to agree ,my truck runs smooth i myself catch myself doing 90 and better By accident, even if it were my truck ,the detailing and water spots are something I would not make a big deal but definitely point it out they already know they want to get the detailer out of there  , and the bed they did bring it to the collision shop , that part seems to be cut out of the video , I know once you are ticked off, everything will bother you, "we are only human" I am talking consumer wise , 

This whole situation really blows but this is not the way to get someone to your side , it shows very minor disrespect to you ,and I am sure we all say things to be social and nice  but to get our point across to employees even though to the third party it may sound disrespectful ! I really think they are trying within there means , above and beyond ? no way

I think your energy needs to be directed to addressing your concern about the uneven box height.  Your video shows nothing wrong except that the driver's music choice may be different than yours.  You are totally off base with the "problem" comment,  imo.  I would try to remove this video and hope none of the individuals in the video see it or take offence to you filming them.   I would be seeking legal advice if someone did this to me at my place of work without my permission.   The video does not speak to your concern and comes off as an unfocused rant.

Archived