1SLOW1500's Turbo truck build

1SLOW1500

I started with a a deal I couldn't pass up on a truck. So much so I have a lot of extra cash on hand to buy fun parts. So I wanted a turbo truck and I wanted 2wd.

2016 Sierra crew cab 2wd. 5.3 tricoat crimson red with coca/tan interor

295/35/24 I know 24" is way more then I wanted

I lowered it with Belltech 1014sp 3/5" still some alignment issues but we have it solved (thanks Nasty)

Bakflip F1 newest model color

Tinted windows

Paint matched wheel well trim

all tail light changed over to LED

GM all weather floor mats, bed lights, and tie downs

Exhaust is dumped right before muffler (hate it but knew the turbo was next week project)

4wd trim bezel w/ 4wd hole opened up for 3rd gauge

Autometer dual pillar pod paint matched

Next up

Single Turbo kit On3Performance v.2 stainless. with larger intercooler.

Borg Warner 300sxe forged milled wheel w/ 1.0AR twin scroll turbine housing (500-1000hp)

HPtunerPro with wide band O2 and EGT...... I will tune or a friend.

Innovative SCG-1 air/fuel and boost controler , EGT......need help on rap and +headlight wire

AMI billet and black GMC emblems front and back

Ambient light (red) led in center console and white under dash...Need help with ambient light wire and door trigger wire

I still need to to decide on exhaust. 3.5" stainless dumped before cat back location. Thinking stainless bullet muffler and side exhaust before tire. But may do Cal Trac.

I know power fuel will run out at 500rwhp on pump gas. Then it is fuel shim cap or just buy a cam. Really 600rwhp is all I need.

• Like 1

wow.

I was not expecting a 16 diving in already.

is it the newer divorced water pump motor with VVT etc?

I bet a new cam would not even be necessary.

great project, going to follow along.

there is a group on facebook called sloppy mechanics, this is something that is a popular subject.

the LS motors boosted. Tjhey can answer many questions, and the host has tunes written for older 5.3

I think he just did something with the 4 wire ecm alternators, aftermarket computing..

anyway, this sounds like fun.

I started with a a deal I couldn't pass up on a truck. So much so I have a lot of extra cash on hand to buy fun parts. So I wanted a turbo truck and I wanted 2wd.

2016 Sierra crew cab 2wd. 5.3 tricoat crimson red with coca/tan interor

295/35/24 I know 24" is way more then I wanted

I lowered it with Belltech 1014sp 3/5" still some alignment issues but we have it solved (thanks Nasty)

Bakflip F1 newest model color

Tinted windows

Paint matched wheel well trim

all tail light changed over to LED

GM all weather floor mats, bed lights, and tie downs

Exhaust is dumped right before muffler (hate it but knew the turbo was next week project)

4wd trim bezel w/ 4wd hole opened up for 3rd gauge

Autometer dual pillar pod paint matched

Next up

Single Turbo kit On3Performance v.2 stainless. with larger intercooler.

Borg Warner 300sxe forged milled wheel w/ 1.0AR twin scroll turbine housing (500-1000hp)

HPtunerPro with wide band O2 and EGT...... I will tune or a friend.

Innovative SCG-1 air/fuel and boost controler , EGT......need help on rap and +headlight wire

AMI billet and black GMC emblems front and back

Ambient light (red) led in center console and white under dash...Need help with ambient light wire and door trigger wire

I still need to to decide on exhaust. 3.5" stainless dumped before cat back location. Thinking stainless bullet muffler and side exhaust before tire. But may do Cal Trac.

I know power fuel will run out at 500rwhp on pump gas. Then it is fuel shim cap or just buy a cam. Really 600rwhp is all I need.

Pics Please...[emoji102][emoji102][emoji102]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to add pics but I'm limited to 1MB. Have lots What host can work with 3rd party, and I will post up.

It has the water pump pulley way to the driver side. I know it has DOD as I can see the V4 to V8 on the gauge cluster.

Just started in on the HPTunerpro a hour ago. It is a nightmare. But I want a little tune up and change a/f and torque management.

Had to order the Belltech 4955 upper a-arm bushings Offset 2*. Shop couldn't get the specs in at all -1.2 driver -1.5 camber 4.2 caster. WOW

EGT and the last 4 parts from ON3 just showed up. Need my Elite Machine turbo lines to get here for the catch can

Ordered and waiting on my Marmon to vband in stainless steel. It was $150 holy crap. But I am getting inpatient so I just bought it.

I need to watch the ON3 dvd and see what is what. But at this point wide band and egt mount needs to be addressed.

EGT bung on the turbo manifold about 1" under the T4 flange. I think there is a extra O2 bung on the down tube. But I also want one under the truck, makes it easier to dyno tune when there is a spot for them.

can't watch the DVD. I am having it converted to thumb drive. But my dumb ass started working. Upper radiator houses cut but clamps didn't fit so I had some hose clamps on hand that worked. engine 5/16" line goes back to radiator. On3 billet thermostat is much smaller than the hose, the small line goes to overflow and the "max" limit overflow in that can goes to nothing. Only issue is the lower radiator hose has a t-fitting in it that goes to the lowest part of the stock overflow tank. And ON3 didn't have anything for this. So I'm just removing the t and adding an (3.99) plastic straight coupler.

I did this all just to get my wiring and lines in for the AF,Boost,O2,EGT. I don't know if the lines are long enough and if they can all go through the driver side grommet hole. I ordered an step grommet on amazon.

But makes me think of my sound system. JL 500/1 with JL10W6. I will need a custom fiberglass box due to the depth of sub. So I may as well order the wiring kit and firewall grommet.

NEED TO POST PICS HELP PLEASE.

Well got the answers on how the lines need to be set up. Honestly the factory system was better. But not a big deal, I mean how many times do you need to add radiator fluid? Odd to me that the top radiator house and little to no coolant in it. Anyone know if that is normal?

Pics later once it is fixed.

So I will wire up a relay to the RAP wire for all the aftermarket gauges and my radar detector. still need help on the ambient wire, door trigger and + headlight wire. I will say the On3 vacuum port and manifold is very nice still may move it to a different spot. My kit was a early kit and missing parts but BOB at On3 is awesome and has mailed out everything free of charge. By the weekend I will have all the wiring and gauges in. If I get the parts I need I will have all the coolant and vacuum lines done. Plan is for Wednesday to install turbo. Only set back is the Belltech bushings and the tig welding the Egt bung and extra O2.

Still unsure how many wires I can get thought that small hole in the factory grommet. Needs to be EGT, O2, Boost,and controler.

Like to get the underdash and ambient lights in by sunday. HELP

diving right in.

that is the newer motor too..

makes me curious.

There is a pro argument for t6 flange, don't know why..

big turbo you got there.

Yes as I said I got this truck for cheap and it had little over 3200 miles on it so my Daily driver fund had extra $20k I could spend.

Yeah the On3 turbos run small (I think) they say the kit comes with a 70mm that is good for 550rwhp. This turbo is the largest 300sxe they make (7051) so 74mm but they call the turbine a 80mm, however per so import rules it is called a 69mm. WEIRD but it is rated at 500-1000. Now I really wanted to test out the twin scroll, I hear good things (and really it is only $150 to change). From what I read the twin has a small total amount of internal space and on this motor a .91 or large AR is recommended.

As far as the T6 flange I agree but would be happy to just have a real T4 flange! When you compare the gasket to the flange and then the turbo there is a good 1/2" on both sides. I am not happy about that. However the heavy wall cast stainless pipes of the turbo manifold are right there so cant simply cut flange and re weld a new one. I will live with it. The kit is only 3" downtube but that steps up to 3.5" about 12" out of the turbine housing. T6 jumps up in frame size and I worried I would need to change pipes and I have the blankets on them also.

• Like 1

Not much done waiting on the last of the coolant fittings. Need to learn how the Elite catch can with turbo line is going to work.

Got the stainless egt welded in.

Referred to a great local shop for 3.5" (4") custom stainless exhaust.

Want custom candy powercoating on turbo...

More tomorrow.49a5ba0be94ce74398d87e57cbc64596.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So all gauges in but need longer EGT wire. Still need to know where positive headlight wire is inside cab. Wired up a r.a.p. relay to run the accessories front emblem done. And no pic but now have 7 total gm tie-downs. 2 of the bed holes are used with the drain for the cover.

Oh and playing with the idea of all lights getting light tint and ab pillars wrapped as we as the roof. a364c586f145fe21df5167f935de6506.jpg225a6127c109dbe22e390e066fda3c48.jpg137910be8460e5d8b291486a36a7ed2d.jpgee42c6fa4ab7812496b6a2327cc4fc46.jpg39d973c605ab4c32e0003c459201ade8.jpg7118fcffcdf6f87f700ce9a42edf3eb5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk