1SLOW1500's Turbo truck build

1SLOW1500

Ok the UPDATE is waiting........ :tear:

-Elite EX2 with turbo line upgrade....still need to learn how this installs

-Himni SS v band to Marmon adapter with clamps

- ON3 90* SS heater tubes

-*** Powdercoated GOLD w/red candy metallic compressor housing, Silver ceramic turbine, Black wrinkle cold side tubes, and Flat blacked out inter cooler.*** so that is a 7 day wait. But so cheap I couldn't afford not to buy it!

-oh and the Belltech a-arm bushings are in so to the shop in the morning.

And still a INSANE learning curve with the HPtuners. so the wait time on powdercoating is needed

OK pics incoming, weather is shit so no work today and taptalk that host my pics is reset with this site's new update.

Belltech bushings installed(+2,-2), still need to get to Bell tire for the alignment yet again

EX2 Elite catch can with CCS and 2nd port installed for now the out port and ccs go to stock intake box  (thanks again Nasty)

Have the ON3 stainless heater tube pipes and the aluminum lower radiator hose straight connector.  Still worried about the upper house and clamp size but easy and cheap swap out (1.25" vs 1.5"). 

Shipping shows the Himni SS downtube adapter will be here tomorrow. So powder coat is only thing holding it up turbo install.

Have 3 tunes in Hptuners I will test out, But it is 30% shift and max line pressure. No need to lean out as I don't need to max out for power with the turbo going in soon anyways. 

OH...... And I'm told the drive shaft is no good over 100mph, So set a date with Dynotech driveshafts for a custom race aluminium  $700+ but important. 

Have a friend that works at a major performance shop offering me a complete LT1 upper and cam also and for a few hundred a 5 axis cnc port job. May pick it up and just shelf it for now.  Or at least run the fuel parts so I don't hit the fuel max around 500rwhp. Think the LT1 fuel will get me to 620rwhp. At that point I think I will start to break other parts anyways. 

Winter is coming and I have 2 other race cars to deal with so budget is there but time is short. 

2 hours ago, Zachs_Alligator said:

If you run into any snags let me know. I just finished my twin turbo 2017.   Be careful, these new motors have weaker stock rods than the last generation LS truck motors. Don't go over 550whp if you want reliability.

I don't know you and all ready You are a bad influence on me. HAHA 

So I will run it on the stock block for now. As my "Ford"  engine and my camaro need so love this winter. 

But I have so friends texting me with ideas on motor. I can do a 6.2 or any factory gm engine cheap ($1000 to $1500). But to build it up I would be out of pocket more money. So I will see if say a vette block is any stronger as I can get one of those Cheap that way I get intake to pan. Have to think at least 650-700hp on 91* could run flex fuel but it is harder to find around me. and my truck is heavier and Daily Driver. Oh and 24". So need to plan how far I want to go with this.

Can I like with 600rwhp or less???? Is so fuel/cam and for the money ported heads. 

So catch can is in and tomorrow is first day with new tune and alinement shop. Then body shop for emblems. Pics tomorrow.

Buddy has a LT1 engine for $1500 low miles 14k and complete. May pick up for later or fuel for now. Options???

Oh and ran out of beer so upgraded keezer and bought a half barrel.
Keezer gets 2 fans and lower lifted rack.66f7cb096accef46243955b14b1187d3.jpg8cc462b9ba75a2c1d0e0f41443a6cb20.jpg450688cffd019d58382b4d8659d423e6.jpgd725ce47049a252b5cc3f132b0cc245c.jpg8cb8d6192c568559cd27550fdbe407c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So that adapter cost more than the turbine housing on the turbo. Crazy. But nice piece, the clamp on the 3" side was too narrow but the on3 one fit.
Got a call that all my powder coating is done, so I pick that up Monday. Plan on turbo install mid to end of next week. Exhaust is still undecided, but think bullet 3.5 Or 4 to a dump but close to the side of truck. Like under the front leaf spring mount.

Found a company that sells rear bumpers with NO steps. Only $399 in primer. I may buy that. Plan was after all major mechanical work is done. It goes for detail wet sand and polish. Then roof and pillar wrap.

More to come Monday....e6af29c83c1fc53645bf81c2b95f8644.jpg5bdbe4e2b1b090e0055d161795eb37f4.jpg

• Like 1

So that adapter cost more than the turbine housing on the turbo. Crazy. But nice piece, the clamp on the 3" side was too narrow but the on3 one fit.
Got a call that all my powder coating is done, so I pick that up Monday. Plan on turbo install mid to end of next week. Exhaust is still undecided, but think bullet 3.5 Or 4 to a dump but close to the side of truck. Like under the front leaf spring mount.

Found a company that sells rear bumpers with NO steps. Only $399 in primer. I may buy that. Plan was after all major mechanical work is done. It goes for detail wet sand and polish. Then roof and pillar wrap.

More to come Monday....e6af29c83c1fc53645bf81c2b95f8644.jpg5bdbe4e2b1b090e0055d161795eb37f4.jpg

Who's wrapping the roof? Been wanting to get mine done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I emailed Jason(Fade to Black) and also my buddies friends Adam(One Soul Graphics). 

Jason personally did the tint on some of my cars and is great but a little more money.

Adam was the cheaper of the two, I feel the quoted price is a little high. 

-Roof on a crew cab $450

-Light smoked tint is $150 per pair and another $180 for paint protector film over tint in 3 colors light/smoked and black out

- and also paint matched options for any part in wrap but need truck to guaranty match. 

- Didn't quote me on the pillars 

I know he will deal with me when I get there 

They are local to me In Michigan. There is another guy 3 miles from me but I haven't talked to him yet. Think I will go with One Soul.

I will remove XM antenna, roof rails and 3rd brake light   

Ok no pics but the update is I have installed the On3 spark plug wires. I did this mostly to know there is no issues pre install of the turbo, as I'm pick that up the turbo from the powder coater in the morning. I  plan on install turbo kit before the weekend I am playing with 7 tunes I have uploaded. I Got a date with a full drive train dyno in 2 weeks in is a high end big three  company and the best there is for engineers. Dyno holds the truck with no wheels on it in the air. Trying to add the new driveshaft before this.  So like to square up my end Before the pros look at it.   No photos or names allowed but power number and build specs posted. They are known people and trusted names in the industry. 

Great pics promised in the morning!........ 

Oh I have a ton of parts for sale but the 50 post rule is.was blocking me. I sell shit for lunch/beer money, cuss I really don't care, just want to move on with it.

Pics in the morning