1SLOW1500's Turbo truck build

1SLOW1500

No photo on my phone. But if turbo is on passenger side. Drilled right above oil level sensor as high as possible. When you are under truck you will see it. I had to use a 90* drill and a uni bit and go slow checking the hole against the tap. It is a npt thread so tap needs to be run all the way. Then as much Teflon tap as you can get wrapped on it. If your kit is ON3 and it isn't a ON3 turbo you will have issues with down pipe and exhaust. Do plugs and map now and I would buy better v bands for exhaust. Striped 2 of mine. Also very little copper high temp on v band flat surfaces. They leak. And plan your exhaust, anything factory connector needs the adapter welded and maybe tube cut down.

Got pipes but think I will order some 3.5" straight. Like to find a clean looking tip. But in 3.5" stainless it is hard to find.4b46cde7d23d0e8791d33319d0c95e79.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Also need to find out where I can get a tac signal from. The scg-1 is a triple gauge. Boost controller, wide band, and shift light. I will sent the light to the trans cut off rpm. So I know if it pulls that hard and I see light to check the tune for shifts. As there is also a fuel cutout, I really don't want to hit at WOT.
I will wire in 2 extra analog signals to the green hptuners pro connector. Also if I remember I will have my buddy weld the extra bung under the truck for the dyno.

Bought some gloss black 3m wrap for the pillars and new passenger chrome door window trim. Somehow I have a dent in mine. Thank family for my gm discount.
Also trying to do the Yukon Denali cluster upgrade. Need part number and emailed two programmers that are local. Awesome upgrade if I can pull it off.

****new updated fuel table and Tran shift point next week, if I can I will get video****

Edited by 1SLOW1500
  • Like 1

UGH another set back. For some reason the MAF isn't reading at all the wide band is reading wrong. I re-calibrated the  wide band and it worked good for a few minutes. Truck is way lean. Odd as there is no codes but Hptuner log shows 0. I added the channels/pins. Have to see what I can do. 

Ordered yet again even more stainless, It would have been easier and way cheaper to just by a high end brand name exhaust, Wish I did. 

I will have over $800 in mine by the weekend. But custom is cooler! 

Award for the dumbest GM-Trucks.com member goes to me!

It was a 15 amp fuse that blew do to a small short in the wiring. a solder joint wire cut through the shrink tubing. 

I never needed to buy the new MAF my was fine. 

I packet a little electric grease in the connector anyways.

So tomorrow I get the custom stainless exhaust built. 

New custom smooth bumper  ordered. 

and back to tuning. I have the next tune file ready

Award for the dumbest GM-Trucks.com member goes to me!

It was a 15 amp fuse that blew do to a small short in the wiring. a solder joint wire cut through the shrink tubing. 
I never needed to buy the new MAF my was fine. 
I packet a little electric grease in the connector anyways.

So tomorrow I get the custom stainless exhaust built. 
New custom smooth bumper  ordered. 
and back to tuning. I have the next tune file ready

Waiting for videos!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waiting for videos!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tomorrow. Would like one with the loud dumped exhaust then another after the exhaust. Truck is on spring only because of the tuning issues. But come Monday I will start turning it up.
Also pics of the custom exhaust tomorrow.
This is the only codes I have now. And that is the driver side down stream O2. No issue as I don't have have that one installed anyways.5db037844fb0658afc907b4d74ee3df0.jpg

• Like 1

Exhaust is beautiful. Guy does amazing work. Exhaust is still loud. Remember it is all 3.5" where before it connected to a 2 foot factory pipe that was smaller than 3". So that restriction helped.
May add a polished tip and a cone insert to quite it down. If I can find a 3.5" stainless rolled tip outlet. All I can find is 5" and that is way to big.
I have before videos. And about to do a after startup.
Yes it hangs a little low where it goes under the frame. But I want caltracs.so needed that. b343aff772af5d2d6acf36e6a833b666.jpg2d2facaf581cd20cc79e6fd2d6b1e881.jpg64ec7c732f511f97c585f143576537c6.jpg7a010adee0106077f90f10b1d717a4db.jpg1ffe98f5c45bc728e4542451ac7b808b.jpg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, barry G said:

sounds awesome.

As one of my friends said, "sounds like a Lion being ass f**ked by a gorilla I love it" Still too loud for me so a Dynatech vortex 3.5" cone and a tip are in order. Worst case I will see if I can add a second 3.5" Dynomax bullet muffler. But for now back to tuning.... Need max boost. And yes looking at fuel upgrade options, friends at GM and GM development have some new options. I am told 510rwhp to 620rwhp are doable but any more and I need fuel and need to look at engine, which I can go with a lt1 or lt4. My price is cheap on gm parts vs. built engine.  

Ordered a exhaust augur insert. Cheap easy insert. See what happens. However the afm and dod delete will address the worst of the exhaust issues.
My damage bumper is still not fixed. Shop said new bumper with paint is over $2000 parts alone are almost 2k and paint is $470. Ugh.... called insurance and waiting.
Blew the turbo clamp so ordered a smaller one.
Trying to set up voice commands in truck.
Set up 3 years free on star. But it links automatically to my GMC and it says get truck to dealer for service and recall.
Recall is a replacement SES module. And check or fix under seat airbag wire.
Need wiring info to Finnish cargo/rear light and fog/parking light mod oh and ambient light wire for console lights.
Working on new motor with cam or just a LT1 long block. Don't know what that can handle but sure it is over 625rwhp.

• Like 1