1SLOW1500's Turbo truck build

1SLOW1500

Ok so the short story is dealer was not having it, refused service. Thank God for my family. I texted my family member and it was over turned in that call. all need parts ordered, wires fixed and service approval over ride in. So it isn't done yet but parts come in and I get full service, Also I will be give a Cadillac or a Denali we mine is in service. Offered a pick up of my truck at my house with temp truck left for me.  Also I receive a credit for a upgraded parts. 

can't ask for more than that. 

Oh wait and the GM vibration I'm told or should I say promised is resolved. Crazy that so many people have this issue and the answer is there. 

Side Note the Last gauge hole in my dash. Was going to be oil, then HPTuners ngauge(but not available). It will be Snow performance 210 stage 2 Meth kit. They say extra 50-80hp. It is said the factory L83 block will fail at the rods around 650rwhp. I may wait for better weather, as I plan a exhaust upgrade also. Still working on traction bars options. 

Really next summer I will finish the tuning and PUSH it or blow it. With the new motor ready I don't care about this one 7000 mile is a good life for a factory motor that is pushed to twice it's power.  

• 2 weeks later...

Working on tail lights. Want just a medium smoked look. So I will wet sand and clear then wet sand and polish. Worst case my buddy is a painter. But his work load means a 2 week delay.

Turns out having the Bose is a issue. I wanted the alpine PSS-31GM. But says it doesn't work with a Bose system. I'm sure I can get it working, but at $1200 Want to be sure.

Want to order my Caltracs but as I am "using" GM to resolve the recall and bulletins. I will wait.

Oh and the dealer mailed me a work order. It says "oil leak and aftermarket parts". The leak is the taped line to the turbo. As it isn't factory spec. No leak just there was of saying don't change shit. What ever.7d7c0499969e6e0c320826c65db6d118.jpgde29a90e478cadc3148ae395f566d9d9.jpg6780df0c3eeb429b7f8705af46e15096.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Didn't like the look of lights. So sanded and polished them. Ordered a new 3rd light smoked with all LED. Removed dash and rewired a few things. And last picture is foot well lights and ambient console lights. Also ordered GM black Denali badges. To match the billet and black front and rear GMC emblems. 6c1bf33c35b24a6ca9fb316119274b35.jpg3425d4a9e3d2f09795984a2938304b5e.jpg4c1d81ad2bbcca4f7a316f5a7d0451c5.jpgde57542af2fc96be61b26e1503f3f0c4.jpg5e551deb0c578694b5425c147c578fdd.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah the console lights are super easy install. Still need to find the ambient wire for them.
Broke a spark plug wire so had to order another set, lucky they are cheap.
Still working on quieter exhaust without any performance loss. So another augur. This one before muffler. May order another and install 2. So I have 3 augurs,1 cone, and the dynoMax muffler. The 4" tip made it a little loader but looks cool.
Still waiting on gm black Denali badges....e372281037cd1a8505d6b080904986ce.jpg8f5fd4f75565c3e1030408c492ac2034.jpgc36cd184ef3c583358c5d9dd9f48d26f.jpg

Turbo truck loves cold weather. Note the boost gauge. Denali badges are nice. But the expensive billet GMC emblems are chipping the black paint.
Truck must have meth before summer at these boost levels.
Most people like the truck and ask questions. However one officer was not so happy about it. Fish tail x 2 and 78 in a 50. But wrote impeding traffic. Said I see you have had lots of impeding tickets. Haha good times. cc1bffe83323212ea80686cea9ead7c3.jpg1ed8abceaea2dbe9fa8a143d8ebccf16.jpg3bafa112cf1715d3d9ab263c3f5bd864.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, cbrsilv15 said:

Don't know if I read over it or not, but what's the brand of the led 3rd light?  Any day/night pics?  Thanks,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14-18-Chevy-Silverado-GMC-Sierra-Red-Smoke-Black-LED-3rd-Brake-Light-Cargo-Lamp/152845509054?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Ebay find. But love it. In my option the factory is crap. seal is small and thin, open holes in rear housing and no leds. I converted it to led but still hated it. this is a quality piece. there are also dark smoked ones for the blacked out look. Still want my factory tail lights to match that. Need a pro painted or film. UGH

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Weather warmer up so back to mods. Finished the black Denali emblems, rear pinion shims, and over load leaf delete. Ran into a issue with the rear axle U bolts, they are out of threads. 

So the million dollar question, what size diameter is the rear axle and what is the stock U bolt length? 

I will order new(shorter ones) asap.

I will also order my traction bars. I can't for the life of me make up my mind between Caltacs or Smith. In the end the Smiths are in my option way better. brackets are all stainless, many mounting holes, tie downs, and it is 4.5"-5.5" drop at the front bracket vs the Caltracs 6.5". Also the Caltracs replace the rubber leaf mount with solid aluminum

I will need to modify my beautiful custom stainless side exhaust. but only by about 1"-1.5" 

Also after much back and forth The winning drive shaft is going to be a two piece steal with a center cross support and in the HD model that supports 800hp. They say is Solves ALL rear rear vibration due to pinion angles and can be used for up to 10" drops.  

More to come with pics.... once parts show up.

• 2 weeks later...

Not such a great update but shims in and overload deleted. Now I have wheel hop.so again the traction bars. But I need a exhaust update so I will order a 3rd augur and then mod. Also with the weather change I see I can up the boost level. so tomorrow I will data log and up 2psi. Again no meth yet. Still not out of fuel. and dyno is at [email protected]. After that we pushed 15psi. and now 2+ on base psi. Please pray for me..... Incoming....... 

• Like 1

So I broke it. Don't know yet how or why. thought the extra 2psi in base pressure blew a line off. But the truck will not make boost. Turbo is fine, I don't see any issues with the cold side tubes. I will loosen and tighten them all. It has to be a vacuum line off the controller or bov/wastegate is open. As zero boost would be a huge leak. I'm guessing it is the wastegate and the blow down tube got so hot it melted a wire by it. and the silicone vac lines are 1/2" away.   all that heat shielding and I over looked the wastegate tube. UGH I will have it back up by the weekend. I have my drag car project being worked on now in the garage and it is snowing so bad timing. Pics coming 

• 3 weeks later...

I has been a few weeks now. I have been working on my drag race car, tube chassis and body now. Weather clearing up so I started the truck and tested it. 4.5lb of boost max. Went threw all the vac lines and reran then. All looked good. Gate is working.... SO it has to be control issues, right.... Good so I finally install the last 2 exhaust augers and re clock the exhaust to clear track bars... When my helper said this is a problem as he is under the truck. 

I have him take a photo. Yeah I would say that is why it can't build boost over 4.5lb, turbo only sees half the engine..Ugh I will email ON3 now for a new crossover. Looking at it I can see that blow out spot had the most flex and the Max heat.

**** new crossover will have stainless second bung for down stream o2****

see pic the flex is blow way out... Emailed Bob @ On3 to see what they can say or do....

29315246_10212264772639074_3173839544499830784_o.jpg

To make myself feel better I started ordering the sound system. Alpine PDX1000.1 with 2 Sundown SD3 10" and I will need to build a custom fiberglass box. Those suns are awsome!!! Pics when I get to build time....

Edited by 1SLOW1500
add

Yes so Bob at On3 is shipping me a a new flew joint. I will also have my fab guy weld in the extra bung. Blowing out the flew is interesting the thought it the turbo is to aggressive or small. I'm on the fence with that as it pulls only 4.5 lb on half a engine. hard to think 4 more cylinders can change that much at 15psi. For the money I think I may just order the S475 and see what happens..

On a happier note. Got my amp and just ordered Subs, LC2i w/accubass control knob, Knukonceptz 4 gauge, stinger 1.5 amp digital capacitor, and tesa wiring tape. 

Note the GM all weather mats are still IHMO the best on the market, however the ridge in the mat under the back seat is a issue with off self boxes. so a custom fiberglass box will need to be made.  

I leave in 48hr for a vacation but when I get back truck and drag car are getting worked all in that week so many pics incoming.