iOS11 & CarPlay issue?

Has anyone else had an issue with Carplay AFTER they updated their iPhone to iOS11? I have in my 2017 Silverado, my Carplay worked fined before the new update, but now it's having connection and functionality issues. A little research on the WWW and folks are saying the vehicle needs to have a firmware update... I actually tested it with my work iPhone that still has iOS10 and it works perfect. Anybody heard anything?

Oh ok good to know... mine is the iPhone 7 plus, not sure if that has anything to do with it. I did go to Settings on Radio/Display system and there is a place to do a System Update but it said my software was the latest......

i have the 6s plus.. one thing i noticed is that its slower to respond when i try and send txt messages via voice (siri.. send text to lamo's mobile... )..... before it was pretty responsive.. now i have to wait.. which i hate.

Did you update to 11.0.2 ? It's the latest out there for Apple devices. I'm not saying it will fix it, but it might. Then again it may break something else.

Yes sir.....same issue as will 11.0 and 11.0.1.... I'm still convinced that it's the iphone update and not my truck.....

7 plus also iOS 11! 16 Silverado car play problem after problem on this update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 11.0.2 and have not noticed anything different, performance wise from 10 to 11. I generally have found the CarPlay experience less than optimal. seems slow to text both going and coming, and I have found that I have to sometimes shut the radio right down to get it to work. That was more iOS 10 than 11.

Gotcha.... ya, yesterday it wouldn't come up at all, but my music would still play and I could see it was connected. I finally powered down the iphone and it started working again...BUT... I still can't use the bottom left button on the screen to go back home or the left side icons to change apps...... :crazy:

So you aren't having any issues?

no i am... how fast it responds when i say.. hey siri.... when texting in the truck.. .. its buggy... which it use to not be.

edit:.. this is done over BT.. not carplay..

Archived