CB Radio

I have a 2012 2500 LTZ and I'm thinking about putting in a cb but I have no idea where id put it. Do y'all have any ideas? Also does anyone have any experience installing these that could give me an idea on the difficulty level of this project?

Thanks

I will have to post pics of my install in my 07 Sierra SLE. I simply have the CB wired to an on/off 12v plug that plugs into the "cigarette" lighter. I chose to run dual 4' Firestik II antenna's. It all depends on personal preference. My one buddy has an 01 Silverado and chose to run a Wilson 1000 magnet mount with a 5' whip and my other buddy runs a Wilson Little Will on his 14 Silverado double cab. As for mounting options I chose to mount it to the radio directly to the bottom part of the dash, I felt as if there were empty space when I looked down toward the transmission tunnel. My buddy Bryan with the 01 has a full center console and he mounted it to the side of it. As for mounting the mic I chose to get a cheap mic clip from the local truck stop and put high quality velcro to the back and stuck it to the lower part of the dash near the change tray. I felt it wasn't necessary to drill any more holes as I already have two for the radio bracket. Any more questions feel free to ask.

Awesome thank you for the reply I'm gonna look in a bit and see if that would work. being able to plug it into the cigarette lighter is a whole lot easier than having to wire it elsewhere. thanks again

Awesome thank you for the reply I'm gonna look in a bit and see if that would work. being able to plug it into the cigarette lighter is a whole lot easier than having to wire it elsewhere. thanks again

I will have to post pictures later of my install. I picked up the CB off of my cousin who use to have it in an '08 F350 so I picked it up for a steal. I wasn't to keen on having it hard wired it.

I will have to post pictures later of my install. I picked up the CB off of my cousin who use to have it in an '08 F350 so I picked it up for a steal. I wasn't to keen on having it hard wired it.

If you could send a pics of the install later I would appreciate it. thanks

I like the setup. Unfortunately I just realized that we have a different dash. I have the one where the console goes all the way under the radio

I'll have to send you some pics of my buddies install. You could always mount it to the side of the center console

I'll have to send you some pics of my buddies install. You could always mount it to the side of the center console

Yea send some when you get a chance. I wish my truck had more spots to mount things like this

I would have to agree it is much more convent.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2017 at 8:00 AM, Z71yeehaw said:

I have a 2012 2500 LTZ and I'm thinking about putting in a cb but I have no idea where id put it. Do y'all have any ideas? Also does anyone have any experience installing these that could give me an idea on the difficulty level of this project?

Thanks

I have a '15 LTZ Z71 with my Unden PC122XL (CB) installed.  I know that my antenna is not in the ideal location, but it works, for me.  Ran the cable down the stake-hole, along the right "longeron" (long frame), up/through the drain plug under/behind the front passenger seat, under the carpet to the center console, drilled a 1/2" hole in the bottom-aft-right corner of the deep pocket, just forward of the center box, and connected it to my CB, via a 90º connector.  Fishing the coax out of the truck frame, where the stake-hole leads, was a bit of a "B," so was popping out the drain plug.  Now, to get my scanner "wired up."

Archived