Gorehamj

Annual Costco GM Holiday Auto Program Now Underway

post-139450-0-62782400-1507225044_thumb.png

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
10-5-2017

Costco's annual GM Holiday promotion is now underway and runs through January 2, 2018. Available discounts include GM Supplier Pricing plus most currently available GM incentives, and a Costco Cash Card after purchasing or leasing an eligible model and completing a Costco Auto Program survey.

“Whether members prefer horsepower, fuel efficiency or extra passenger space, our vehicle lineup has something for everyone, making this the most sought-after Costco Auto Program event of the year,” said Rick Borg, executive vice president at Costco Auto Program. “Our collaboration with General Motors on the holiday sales event has resulted in high member satisfaction and an increase in vehicle sales year over year.”

Costco GM vehicle buyers rate their satisfaction as “good to excellent,” with fully 99.5% saying they will consider using Costco Auto Program again. For full details on the 2017 Holiday Sales Event, members can visit CostcoAuto.com/GM or call 1-855-722-6272.

Anyone on here gotten one with the Costco program?

I got my 2016 Silverado through Costco. When they first did that it was a $1000 Costco card though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I tried to buy a honda through Costco's program. Once I found out what the "agreed upon" price was, I then told them it was too high and negotiated another $1k or so off at the dealership. I probably could have done a little better, but there's very little room on Hondas, so I wasn't entirely disappointed.

So I'm not quite sure it's a good deal. Maybe if you don't like to haggle with a salesman.

Edited by bndawgs

I bought my escalade off their program.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

ADSENSE FOOTER
  • Similar Content

• By Jaybridge88
      Kind of a different topic. Seemed like a decent spot for it. I didn't see anything about the Costco auto program. So here goes.

I have used the Costco auto program to purchase 2 motorcycles. One A few years back and my current motorcycle I bought about 9 months ago. My first time I using the program it saved me $1300, got me a discounted extended warranty, and Costco gave me a $200 Costco gift card after I filled out a quick questionnaire about the experience online.

The second time I used it was to buy my current motorcycle which saved me $2000 and got me a $200 Costco gift card. (I also got $1000 off from the dealer for being a veteran which was great).

The program is easy to use. If you have a Costco card you go on their auto program web site. Enter your member #. Then select what you are in the market for. It asked for your zip code. Then it recomends a participating dealer in your area. I usually go there and work out a price first, then mention The Costco auto program. It's really that simple. Costco somehow has pre discounted prices at selective dealers. Kind of like truecar I guess.

Even if you are not a Costco member but are in the market for something it would be worth it to get a Costco membership for a year for $50-$60 bucks. Like I said it has saved me more than $3700.

I would make sure they offer the Costco program for the brand you are looking for first. They don't offer it for all makes. I know they offer gm discounts during the holidays usually. Not sure if it's all the time. I know they offer more on motorsports stuff like Polaris, victory, Kawasaki.

Just wanted to pass the info. I tell people about it all the time when I hear they are in the market to make a purchase yet they seem to never look into the offer.

All I know is it's easy to use and saved me money. So win win.
    • By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      11-22-2016
      If all you want for Christmas is a Corvette, Costco may have your best deal. The group has run a Holiday Sales Event for many years. What we like most is that the number of people who give Costco's auto sales program top scores for value, service, and overall buying experience is nearly 100%.

This is the first year the Corvette has been part of the program which offers buyers:
      - GM Supplier Pricing
      - Plus most currently available GM incentives.
      - Plus Costco Executive Members will receive a $700 Costco Cash Card and Gold Star
      - And Business Members will receive a $300 Costco Cash Card for purchasing a qualifying model and completing all eligibility requirements.

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      10-4-2016
      Costco has partnered with GM again this year to offer its Holiday Sales Event. The event runs from October 1st through January 3rd, 2017. Most who consider the program do so for the savings which include:
      - GM Supplier Pricing
      - Plus most currently available GM incentives.
      - Plus Costco Executive Members will receive a $700 Costco Cash Card and Gold Star
      - And Business Members will receive a $300 Costco Cash Card for purchasing a qualifying model and completing all eligibility requirements.

Though the prices are amazing, what we find interesting about the program is that 96% of those who answered Costco's customer service survey after a purchase during the Holiday Sales Event gave it top scores for service, value, and the overall buying experience. In addition to GM vehicles like the Chevrolet Colorado mid-size pickup truck, GMC Canyon mid-size pickup truck, Buick Cascada Convertible, and Cadillac XT5 Crossover, the Costco program also has vehicles like RVs and motorcycles available.

• By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
      3/23/16

Costco has been helping dealers sell vehicles for more than 25 years. The bulk-savings chain offers special deals and discounts to its members when they are looking to buy a car. Starting in April, buyers will be able to purchase a limited production, Special Edition Chevrolet Silverado that's only available through the Auto Program.

Only 5,000 of these Special Edition Silverado will be made. Customers can special order their own starting April 1st . The special Silverado will come in two or four wheel drive, have a standard 5.3L V8 and sport 22-inch limited edition chrome wheels. 6-inch steps, heated and cooled leather seats, a navigation system, Bose Sound, and forward collision alert/lane departure warning are also included. Even a folding tonneau cover and factory spray-in bedliner come as part of the package.

This Silverado will be offered to Costco members at GM's supplier discount pricing, including all rebates, a $1,000 Costco discount, plus a $1,000 Costco Cash Card for completing an Auto Program Survey.

Customers can take part by registering for the Costco Auto Program, which will connect them with a participating Chevrolet Dealership.

“This is the first time we have teamed up to offer an exceptional vehicle that is only available to Costco members,” says Sandor Piszar, Chevrolet Truck marketing director. “The package combines Chevrolet’s legendary reliability and capability with a unique appearance and an exceptional value designed exclusively for Costco.”

• By Zane
      Only 5,000 of these Special Edition Silverado will be made. Customers can special order their own starting April 1st . The special Silverado will come in two or four wheel drive, have a standard 5.3L V8 and sport 22-inch limited edition chrome wheels. 6-inch steps, heated and cooled leather seats, a navigation system, Bose Sound, and forward collision alert/lane departure warning are also included. Even a folding tonneau cover and factory spray-in bedliner come as part of the package.

This Silverado will be offered to Costco members at GM's supplier discount pricing, including all rebates, a $1,000 Costco discount, plus a $1,000 Costco Cash Card for completing an Auto Program Survey.

“This is the first time we have teamed up to offer an exceptional vehicle that is only available to Costco members,” says Sandor Piszar, Chevrolet Truck marketing director. “The package combines Chevrolet’s legendary reliability and capability with a unique appearance and an exceptional value designed exclusively for Costco.”