Universal remote install

I searched but couldnt find anything on this...

I recently purchased a 2017 Silverado LT. This truck did not come with the factory universal garage remote switches. Is the truck pre-wired so that I can just buy the new console plate and switch pieces and install them?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I completed the addition of the Homelink Garage Door Opener in about 15 minutes after receiving the parts. Looks great, works great. I can get the part numbers if needed, but they vary by year so it might not help. You need to know your stuff as the online GM Parts locations don’t handle ordering parts for modifications all that well. They changed my order based on my VIN and shipped me parts I already had. They were trying to do the right thing, they just didn’t understand I was modifying the truck, not replacing existing parts. You’ll need the new console panel with the additional hole for the Homelink button, the button assembly, the Homelink transmitter that goes behind the buttons and the new small wiring harness that attaches to the console. It’s an easy mod. There are a couple of good videos on YouTube that help.

I'm intrigued. I'll be looking up the vids.

What level truck do you have? My LT would probably be an easy mod, but I'm curious as to what you own.

Do you also have a ball-park total cost?

I completed the addition of the Homelink Garage Door Opener in about 15 minutes after receiving the parts. Looks great, works great. I can get the part numbers if needed, but they vary by year so it might not help. You need to know your stuff as the online GM Parts locations don’t handle ordering parts for modifications all that well. They changed my order based on my VIN and shipped me parts I already had. They were trying to do the right thing, they just didn’t understand I was modifying the truck, not replacing existing parts. You’ll need the new console panel with the additional hole for the Homelink button, the button assembly, the Homelink transmitter that goes behind the buttons and the new small wiring harness that attaches to the console. It’s an easy mod. There are a couple of good videos on YouTube that help.

Really interested in this! Will it work with the plow prep? New weekend research [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, xps800doo said:

Really interested in this! Will it work with the plow prep? New weekend research emoji38.png

On current trucks the factory won't/cant fit it with snowplow prep.

UG1    Universal Home Remote 
LT - Requires Crew Cab or Double Cab model. Included and only available with (PCW) LT Plus package. Not available with (TRW) provisions for roof mounted lamp or (VYU) Snow Plow Prep Package. 
LTZ/HC - Removed when (TRW) provisions for roof mounted lamp or (VYU) Snow Plow Prep Package is ordered.

(the 'removed' note is because it is normally standard on LTZ/HC)

On current trucks the factory won't/cant fit it with snowplow prep.

UG1    Universal Home Remote 
LT - Requires Crew Cab or Double Cab model. Included and only available with (PCW) LT Plus package. Not available with (TRW) provisions for roof mounted lamp or (VYU) Snow Plow Prep Package. 
LTZ/HC - Removed when (TRW) provisions for roof mounted lamp or (VYU) Snow Plow Prep Package is ordered.

(the 'removed' note is because it is normally standard on LTZ/HC)

Correct, they can’t/don’t with plow prep, was more or less curious if it can be added after the fact WITH the plow prep?

I don't know, but it would seem likely that they wouldn't remove it from an LTZ/HC unless they had to. 

Probably it will be necessary to keep a remote in the truck and call it good.

On 31/01/2018 at 2:24 PM, Mavans said:

Roughly what did the parts cost you? What year trim model truck etc? id be interested in a parts # list?

2017 Silverado LT... ordered from GMPartsHouse.com

23104432 Trim Plate Grey - $22.04

23127742 Harness - $48.14

23341161 Garage Door Opener Transmitter - $97.47

22834550 Garage Door Opener Buttons - $17.10

I highly recommend you call and talk through the order on the phone to ensure you get the correct parts. There are many variances. This was my original order but the transmitter I ended up with might be a different part number... I can’t find my packing slips. 

Archived