Adding oem parking sensors to an oem non-sensor bumper

I'm looking to buy a painted oem front bumper that doesn't have parking sensors. I have a 2014 GMC Sierra SLT with the chrome front bumper with parking sensors. I was wondering if anyone has drilled an OEM bumper and put in OEM parking sensors? I'm thinking this will be straight forward and shouldn't pose any problems?

most likely doable... but they arent perfectly circle holes (at least on my 14 silverado)... they have 2 little notches on the bottom of the hole that keep the shrouds from turning...

can very easily file the slots in place after drilling the holes though

• 2 years later...

I'm trying to do a CRAZY ass thing.  I'm trying to add oem sensors and modules to my 2016 gmc sierra slt that did NOT come with parking aid sensors.  I've seen videos of people adding front sensors to a truck that didn't have them but I can't find anything about not having them at all.  I would think that if I can get a hold of the modules and wiring harnesses, that it might work.  I'm not sure about the dash programming and what not but I'm also thinking that it might just be if it senses a signal from a module it knows it has it and turns the feature on.  I can't imagine different programming in the ecu for all the trucks.  Has anyone here ever attempted something like this before?

I don't know about your specific truck/feature, but yes, GM does, in general, only puts in the code needed for the features the truck has installed at the factory.  And has reduced what features they will permit to be added to the vehicle via upgrading the code.

For example, different power mirrors can require different code, and gm will permit the code to be upgraded for better mirrors (at least, as of a couple years ago), but for new trucks, some people want to add GM's trailer brake controller (on trucks that didn't come with it from the factory), but GM won't enable dealers to reflash trucks with support for it, so they can't do it.

I'm not saying you have no chance, it's possible you can get your truck reflashed with support for that option, you'd have to ask local dealers if they can do it (I'd suggest asking multiple dealers, as some just don't want to do it, even if they can do it).