Light Mounting option for 17/18 Sierra?

I've been doing quite a bit of searching, and other than a-pillar pods, or roof brackets, there doesn't seem to be any options for mounting a light bar or HID lights on the front of a Sierra with teh active shutters.

Has anyone come up with something that I have missed? Or is everyone still trying to figure this out?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been doing quite a bit of searching, and other than a-pillar pods, or roof brackets, there doesn't seem to be any options for mounting a light bar or HID lights on the front of a Sierra with teh active shutters.

Has anyone come up with something that I have missed? Or is everyone still trying to figure this out?

There was a post on here about a guy removing the active shutter...

There was a post on here about a guy removing the active shutter...

really not wanting to go though removing them then having to modify the motors to not get a CEL. Hoping there is some other options.

Well, I took out the recovery hooks and will be mounting a pair of rigid flush mount srq-2's in their place. If I ever have to be pulled from a ditch, he'll just have to hook to my frame.

On 10/9/2017 at 4:38 PM, brholtz02 said:

Well, I took out the recovery hooks and will be mounting a pair of rigid flush mount srq-2's in their place. If I ever have to be pulled from a ditch, he'll just have to hook to my frame.

PLEASE update when you get this done. I was considering the same thing but I was worried that being sunken into the tow hook pocket it would cut off alot of the light both side to side and horizontally if that makes sense. 

I have a 2014 but here is a possibility/idea if you do not want to do heavy modifications. The brackets are from SDHQ and they bolt onto existing bolts. I used the trailer brake spot to wire my switches for the lights. I am not a big fan of cutting my truck up and drilling for switches. Clean .. simple .. effective .. just throwing it out there

70e528a2ee9f7885e72c870f7e64aa1e.jpg50f62136856788fbdc853138f516fffe.jpge8c1be3c1e3e3923aaa3ce28351dd280.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A member here posted the pic of the chevy grill insert, and the link to SCA, that I found the GMC insert. Looks VERY nice!

http://www.scaperformance.com/gmc-products/2016-sca-gmc-grille-with-integrated-led-lighting

Unfortunately I lost the thread where the member posted to ask how they like the SCA inserts and lights.

20160822_080200.jpg

post-167278-0-29420300-1485641325.jpg

On 10/12/2017 at 9:03 PM, Jdkno said:

PLEASE update when you get this done. I was considering the same thing but I was worried that being sunken into the tow hook pocket it would cut off alot of the light both side to side and horizontally if that makes sense. 

I got them mounted this weekend, it took a lot off backyard engineering.  They're not wired yet so I can't tell how well the are aimed. I've got a set of the up/down angled mounting blocks ordered and might have ti re-install the lights.  The up/down blocks would have made installation easier, I had a set of 15 degree blocks that I glued together and then cut to get a bevel in order to bring out the bottom of the lights, plus you have to shave the inside bottom corner of the mounting block in order to get them level.  Then I used a thin piece of aluminum behind them to firm up the air dam.  I believe this is the only place to mount them in order for me to use them on the road, so either way I'll figure it out, might just take a couple of more beers.....

IMG_0089.JPG

1 hour ago, brholtz02 said:

I got them mounted this weekend, it took a lot off backyard engineering.  They're not wired yet so I can't tell how well the are aimed. I've got a set of the up/down angled mounting blocks ordered and might have ti re-install the lights.  The up/down blocks would have made installation easier, I had a set of 15 degree blocks that I glued together and then cut to get a bevel in order to bring out the bottom of the lights, plus you have to shave the inside bottom corner of the mounting block in order to get them level.  Then I used a thin piece of aluminum behind them to firm up the air dam.  I believe this is the only place to mount them in order for me to use them on the road, so either way I'll figure it out, might just take a couple of more beers.....

IMG_0089.JPG

looks good. let know how well they work

9 hours ago, pdosescu said:

Here’s my ‘17 with active shutters.
Tri-row LED light bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great!

Did you remove the active shutters? or were you able to fit the led bar with them?

Do you have any pictures how you mounted it?

Archived