Light Mounting option for 17/18 Sierra?

Thank you! I did not remove them. The clearance is about 2.5”. There are light bars that are that thin. I unfortunately do not have any install pics. I guess I was too excited to put it together to stop haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/16/2017 at 10:53 AM, brholtz02 said:

I got them mounted this weekend, it took a lot off backyard engineering.  They're not wired yet so I can't tell how well the are aimed. I've got a set of the up/down angled mounting blocks ordered and might have ti re-install the lights.  The up/down blocks would have made installation easier, I had a set of 15 degree blocks that I glued together and then cut to get a bevel in order to bring out the bottom of the lights, plus you have to shave the inside bottom corner of the mounting block in order to get them level.  Then I used a thin piece of aluminum behind them to firm up the air dam.  I believe this is the only place to mount them in order for me to use them on the road, so either way I'll figure it out, might just take a couple of more beers.....

IMG_0089.JPG

I've got to remount them, I have the Rigid up/down mounts on the way, I figured they'd be mis-aligined.  But I think it will be worth the effort.

IMG_0090.JPG

I just ordered it on amazon. The brand was autofeel or something like that. I wasn’t anything special but it was thin so I got it. I’m looking at getting a ADD or FabFours bumper and then I’ll get a Rigid

On 10/16/2017 at 8:34 AM, moab11 said:

A member here posted the pic of the chevy grill insert, and the link to SCA, that I found the GMC insert. Looks VERY nice!

http://www.scaperformance.com/gmc-products/2016-sca-gmc-grille-with-integrated-led-lighting

Unfortunately I lost the thread where the member posted to ask how they like the SCA inserts and lights.

20160822_080200.jpg

post-167278-0-29420300-1485641325.jpg

looks nice but $900? yikes

On 10/22/2017 at 2:20 PM, clayp said:

looks nice but $900? yikes

I'm looking at this and thinking the same thing.  I bet you could make something very similar yourself using one of these $100 Ebay billet inserts, doing some cutting, and installing your own lights.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fedar-Fits-2016-2017-GMC-Sierra-1500-SLT-Black-Billet-Grille-Insert-/132315177859?epid=2219507440&hash=item1ece996383:g:c3cAAOSwBT9ZqeHj&vxp=mtr

I put on a Lund Bull bar that came with an integrated LED light bar. Works great but I still need to figure out how I can adjust my Park assist sensors or get them to ignore this. They scream at me when I first start it up and then go into disabled mode.  

2017-10-24 17.40.46.jpg

I put on a Lund Bull bar that came with an integrated LED light bar. Works great but I still need to figure out how I can adjust my Park assist sensors or get them to ignore this. They scream at me when I first start it up and then go into disabled mode.  
59efb3f12735b_2017-10-2417_40_46.thumb.jpg.8fae4dac4f373a89a1f241d46600ed7b.jpg

That looks great! How much light output does that bar put out?? Any night photos maybe?

59efb3f12735b_2017-10-2417_40_46.thumb.jpg.8fae4dac4f373a89a1f241d46600ed7b.jpg

Have any more photos?? i’ve been looking into the rough country one since it’s the exact same however i have yet to see anyone with a gmc sierra have one it’s all silverados

12 minutes ago, DJRolle36 said:

Have any more photos?? i’ve been looking into the rough country one since it’s the exact same however i have yet to see anyone with a gmc sierra have one it’s all silverados

I will get some more pictures of it for you in the morning. I will try and get some at night with the lights on also.

17 hours ago, SBAR said:

That looks great! How much light output does that bar put out?? Any night photos maybe?

It puts out way more light than my headlights. :D

Here are a couple pics of it. 20171025_222706.thumb.jpg.996c2a5a020cb693a75ee13bb3bc005c.jpg20171025_222912.thumb.jpg.6c15e3086e91d98c21029faabd2647a7.jpg

I'm a huge light nerd, only had the truck barely a month but I've already added 2 12" double row LED bars to the factory Sport bar and just finished the install of the rough contry led bull bar.  I was originally going to go with the Lund Bull bar as I do think it looks slightly better but the RC bar is suppose to be twice as bright (lund 54w@3k lumens, RC 90W@7k lumens) and the fact it was cheaper apealed to my inner cheapskate. I still want to add some 2" cube A pillar lights than mounts to the hood hinges.

bhqJVxG.jpg

QwYULDj.jpg

HuCVJSS.jpg

jhds54y.jpg

Short dash cam footage of me briefly playing around with the lights

Archived