GMC vs Chevy

Quick question what is the general consensus between the two.

I have always considered the GMC to be the more upscale Chevy truck but most of the people I talk to consider the GMC to be the work truck version of a Chevy.

Which one is the majority vote?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GMC uses actual aluminum trim in the interior, and more stiching on the dash. I'd say, the GMC is being advertised by GM as a step up over the Silverado. Most everybody knows they are basically the same truck, but I personally prefer the GMC exterior styling.

Bowtie get my vote. Same truck. Less money...sort of.

I thought so also but with the current rebates; I could only get the LT within about 3K of where I bought my SLT and the LTZ was almost 10K more best I could find.

I really liked the LTZ with the color matched front end but not worth the extra $$ GMC was offering or the missing features I picked up on the SLT.

End of the day its like asking which twin sister do you want to kick out of bed can't have them both but they feel the same on the inside. (maybe borderline example) gotta research rules on this forum.

My experience is with the suv's my family had when I grew up. The chevy is great, the gmc has slightly more refined trim and the Cadillac was the creme de la creme. All the same platform in the end with different skins inside and out.

A lot of manufacturers do the same.

The GMC trucks get thicker paint, better engines and better transmission programming. The Chevy gets the left over parts that don't make "professional grade".

If the Chevy paint is any thinner than what's on my GMC it must be damn near translucent.

As for the op, GMC is the more upscale. That's why it has the Denali and no Chevy equivalent.

I think also 1:1 the GMC has an extra feature or two over the Chevy. They are really so close though, in cost, looks and features. I ended up with the GMC because I liked the front end better than the 2016+ Chevy. I would have preferred the 2014-15 Chevy though. All taste.

Like everyone else has said. GMC little nicer inside and few more options. I was dead set on a chevy until the GMC dealer gave me same price as chevy I was looking at. For me I went with the GMC,same price few more options.

The Silverado and Sierra are built on the same assembly line by the same workers, have same mechanical parts, engine trans, suspension etc. The only difference is body panels and trim. The idea the the GMC is better quality than the Silverado is nonsense.

I actually had my mind set on the Chevy but the GMC front end is what made me change my mind to go the way I did. I agree too that both are equal quality. Maybe a nicer touch with some of the trim but that's minimal at best.

Archived