Centennial Edition bowties installed.

• 4 weeks later...

Are the bowties color deep blue or black. I believe the early ones were black. Also does any know where I can find the side emblems. I believe the part number is 84249658 the were also black , at lest the one posted earlier in this thread were

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crobinson16 said:

Are the bowties color deep blue or black. I believe the early ones were black. Also does any know where I can find the side emblems. I believe the part number is 84249658 the were also black , at lest the one posted earlier in this thread were

They are a very dark blue, unless you see them in the bright sun they do look black.

I have some of the very first ones I got back in October....and they are very dark blue as well.

You mean these I posted below ?....If so I have seen these in stock on Ebay a couple of times over the last 6 months, but not  often at all....They are showing the part number is 84149657. 

s-l1600-8.jpg

On 10/12/2017 at 7:22 PM, Cowboyman said:

Here you go !

No idea if this is a good price, I'd say not if I was guessing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVROLET-CENTENNIAL-EDITION-100-YEARS-EMBLEM-DRIVER-SIDE-FRONT-DOOR-/282683985311?hash=item41d1474d9f:g:QWQAAOSw~ZBZ19P7&vxp=mtr

Manufacturer Part Number: 

It's theses ones, if you follow the link, the listing has ended but you can still look at the pictures. They sure do look black. I believe the part number is different as well, also the ones in the listing appear to have the zeros in the 100 are colored in not hollowed out. Are you sure they are not black. 

Edited by Crobinson16

1 hour ago, Crobinson16 said:

It's theses ones, if you follow the link, the listing has ended but you can still look at the pictures. They sure do look black. I believe the part number is different as well, also the ones in the listing appear to have the zeros in the 100 are colored in not hollowed out. Are you sure they are not black. 

Those do look different, I can't tell you why either.....but you're right they look different.

All the ones I have seen actually on the trucks have been hallowed out zeros and look dark blue....I have seen 3 or 4 Silverados and Colorados and they have all had the same emblem.

I have seen some of these types of emblems come with black foam shaping them and holding them in place on the sheet of plastic they ship on, maybe they changed how they sell them so far as the packaging and those have the foam in the zeros ?....just a guess.

16 hours ago, Cowboyman said:

Those do look different, I can't tell you why either.....but you're right they look different.

All the ones I have seen actually on the trucks have been hallowed out zeros and look dark blue....I have seen 3 or 4 Silverados and Colorados and they have all had the same emblem.

I have seen some of these types of emblems come with black foam shaping them and holding them in place on the sheet of plastic they ship on, maybe they changed how they sell them so far as the packaging and those have the foam in the zeros ?....just a guess.

So were there black ones, or only just the dark blue. The photos of the eBay Link sure does look black. I figured someone on her had purchased from them and would chime in. Thanks