Centennial Edition bowties installed.

5 hours ago, Rufasim said:

But that particular bow tie is the marking of a particular package. Just like the Z71 badge and sticker is the marking for a particular package. Hey, you can mod your truck any way you seem fit. Your truck, your money. Just don't get upset when mother Chevy decides that they want to keep this badge to a selected few. In this case I am on cooperates side.

I agree.  If you want a centennial, buy a centennial.  All this poser talk reminds me of a truck I see in town...it's a regular F150 with that ugly Raptor vinyl mud-splatter looking motif on the bedsides!   ??

Edited by lapoolboy

17 hours ago, martha3065 said:

Totally agree. A guy asked about putting Z71 emblems/stickers on his truck and gets railed. But putting these emblems on when a truck is not a centennial is ok?

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/209855-z71-grill-emblem/

If you could order a regular cab Centennial Edition I would understand that point of view better...If any truck should have been done to celebrate the Centennial Anniversary it should have been the regular cab.

To me the Centennial Bowties are no different than the colored or light up Bowties, just another design of Bowtie....this one just looks old fashion.

I would argue mine looks more like a Centennial Edition than a Chevy issued Centennial Edition....Just my opinion.

39583228365_74976012b2_c.jpg

38558050312_5e0c6dcd99_z.jpg

26483498879_fcd3c3338a_z.jpg

Edited by Cowboyman
  • Like 2

If you could order a regular cab Centennial Edition I would understand that point of view better...If any truck should have been done to celebrate the Centennial Anniversary it should have been the regular cab.  

To me the Centennial Bowties are no different than the colored or light up Bowties, just another design of Bowtie....this one just looks old fashion.

I would argue mine looks more like a Centennial Edition than a Chevy issued Centennial Edition....Just my opinion.

I am ok with people modding their trucks however they see fit.  

I have a Crew LTZ Z71. I dislike chrome, so I replaced the mirror caps and door handles with color matched. I feel that Chevy should have done the LTZ the same as the LT, with color matched trim and alow the purchaser to "upgrade" with the chrome trim option/accessories.

Anyone that knows what they are looking for can look at mine, yours, or the guy wanting to put Z71 swag on, and tell if it's as Chevy built or not. As long as someone isn't doing mods with an intent to swindle someone, it shouldnt matter.

I am also fine with Chevy limiting sale of these badges to certain VINs as that is their business decision. Harley did the same with ther 100th anniversary commemorative models.

The point I was trying to make was that people are changing vehicle appearance in this thread with emblems specific to a trim/package and getting support. The guy was getting bashed in the other thread. Back to my earlier statement, if he's not doing it maliciously, it shouldn't matter. I don't personally agree with what he's doing, but assume he's not doing it maliciously.

5 hours ago, Cowboyman said:

But those other bow ties were not put on package specific edition trucks. Like I said, your money, your truck. Do what you like. Just don't complain that chevy locked out everyone that doesn't have a centennial edition truck. Cowboy, you have yours so I assume that you are not going to be complaining. And just because they didn't include a regular cab truck, and that is not to your liking, isn't an excuse to go ahead and use them any way.

39 minutes ago, Rufasim said:

But those other bow ties were not put on package specific edition trucks. Like I said, your money, your truck. Do what you like. Just don't complain that chevy locked out everyone that doesn't have a centennial edition truck. Cowboy, you have yours so I assume that you are not going to be complaining. And just because they didn't include a regular cab truck, and that is not to your liking, isn't an excuse to go ahead and use them any way.

I think the main reason people are complaining is they said they'd release the bowtie as a accessory package several months ago and haven't done it yet.

"And just because they didn't include a regular cab truck, and that is not to your liking, isn't an excuse to go ahead and use them any way."

??....The $36,000 I paid for the truck and the $100.00 I paid for the bowties are all the reason I need....not to mention I like them a lot.

16 minutes ago, Cowboyman said:

I think the main reason people are complaining is they said they'd release the bowtie as a accessory package several months ago and haven't done it yet.

"And just because they didn't include a regular cab truck, and that is not to your liking, isn't an excuse to go ahead and use them any way."

??....The $36,000 I paid for the truck and the $100.00 I paid for the bowties are all the reason I need....not to mention I like them a lot.

Shortboxes always get the shaft from GM anymore. It blows my mind how many 90-93 454SS, 350SS, and Sports did they sell? Let alone Cyclones, Sonoma GTs, and SS S-10s. Look at all the Callaways, Gibbs, and RSTs shortboxes that we’re sold over the past 2 generations of trucks. You can’t tell me if they would have made the SS and the Centennial optional in a shortbox Silverado and Colorado they would have sold the hell out of them.

Course I’m still waiting on that Cheyenne concept from 2013...

1 hour ago, wforrest08 said:

Shortboxes always get the shaft from GM anymore. It blows my mind how many 90-93 454SS, 350SS, and Sports did they sell? Let alone Cyclones, Sonoma GTs, and SS S-10s. Look at all the Callaways, Gibbs, and RSTs shortboxes that we’re sold over the past 2 generations of trucks. You can’t tell me if they would have made the SS and the Centennial optional in a shortbox Silverado and Colorado they would have sold the hell out of them.

Course I’m still waiting on that Cheyenne concept from 2013...

You got it, and it's not like they are cheap....GM is making a ton of money from them too, not sure why they don't seem to care about them anymore.

To me they have always been the best looking and funniest to drive....not to mention the easiest to park and fit in a garage.

That Cheyenne would have been a huge hit.....6.2 liter in a regular cab, they couldn't make enough !

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

For a single-cab LT 2WD?  Jesus!

They don't do you any favors on the regular cabs, they don't get any of the big money rebates like the others.

If you buy a regular cab it's because you wanted a regular cab, they aren't the cheapest by a long shot.....My Dad bought a LT crew cab and paid less then I did for mine.

Mine was $38,800 MSRP with just about every option you can order except 4WD....would have been $41,500 in 4WD.

7 minutes ago, Cowboyman said:

They don't do you any favors on the regular cabs, they don't get any of the big money rebates like the others.

If you buy a regular cab it's because you wanted a regular cab, they aren't the cheapest by a long shot.....My Dad bought a LT crew cab and paid less then I did for mine.

Mine was $38,800 MSRP with just about every option you can order except 4WD....would have been $41,500 in 4WD.

I bought my 2017 crew cab 4x4 LT Plus for less....wow....just hard to imagine!  You have a sharp truck though! 

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:37 AM, Rufasim said:

But that particular bow tie is the marking of a particular package. Just like the Z71 badge and sticker is the marking for a particular package. Hey, you can mod your truck any way you seem fit. Your truck, your money. Just don't get upset when mother Chevy decides that they want to keep this badge to a selected few. In this case I am on cooperates side.

To be the other side of that argument, its 100 years of Chevrolet Trucks, hence why they will be offering the bowties as an accessory for other owners who didn't buy a Centennial.  Same for the floor mats.  What you don't get, is an actual, factory built Centennial Edition, in Centennial Blue, but you can still celebrate 100 years of Chevy Trucks. 

Also, one of the best examples I can think of is the 2017 Camaros.  There was the 50th Anniversary package (gray, orange/black stripes, orange calipers, embroidered bits), but every single 2017 Camaro built for that model year got the "Fifty" logo on the steering wheel.  All 2017 Camaros built celebrated 50 years of Camaro, but only a limited few were the actual 50th Anniversary Edition. 

Edited by newdude

I really don't see what the big deal is. It is his truck, he can do what he want's to do with it.  I really did not see anyone talking about the black bowties that came on the midnight edition trucks.  Lot's of owners put them on there trucks. :smash:

• Like 1

You are 100 percent correct. That is why I said it his your money, your truck. Do as you wish. I just don't see an issue with Chevy holding these back to the general public. People are spending extra cash for these trucks and there should be something that is kept special, ie the bow ties.I don't care what he does to his truck. He could cover it in f-150 or ram badges if that is what he wants to do