Level/rear block Question

Hi everyone new member here. I have a 14 GMC Sierra Slt z71 4x4. I just ordered a 2 level from RC and Im trying to decide what rear block size to get. I want to keep the rake in my truck. Im thinking 3 blocks. I had them on my 12 Silverado but I can seem to find anyone who did this on a newer body style. Does anyone have any pictures of a 2 level with 3 rear blocks or 2 level with 2 blocks? Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...
1.85" Bilstein lift in the front and 3" blocks ( removed factory blocks) in the rear. Tires measure 33.1" tall. 9dc878c7e30a0ef8258f7559c07e90a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Didn't realize when I loaded this pic I had around 1000 pounds of shingles in the back lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2" front with a 3" rear block will sit pretty much with factory rake. If you like the nose down look, then thats the way to go. I have a 2" front level that I just put on my 17 Silverado, and it has .5" of rake, so I think I'm gonna get a 2" block, which only lifts the rear 3/4". My last truck had 2.75" fron and 3" rear blocks which sat awesome but the CV angles were crap, and it killed the ball joints. 

4 minutes ago, rastasquid said:

2" front with a 3" rear block will sit pretty much with factory rake. If you like the nose down look, then thats the way to go. I have a 2" front level that I just put on my 17 Silverado, and it has .5" of rake, so I think I'm gonna get a 2" block, which only lifts the rear 3/4". My last truck had 2.75" fron and 3" rear blocks which sat awesome but the CV angles were crap, and it killed the ball joints. 

I’ve heard so many people claim this on here, but have never seen or heard of that happening to anyone. I’ve had 5 different 1/2 tons with the 2.5/3 setup and drive on my ranch at home and down oilfield lease roads daily and have never had any issue. 

My last truck was a 2010 Sierra 1500, which I was running a 2" RC level with Bilstein 5100's set at .75". 3" rear blocks.  I put about 30k miles on no problem, then in the next 10k miles I had an inner axle seal go, both CV boots had tears from the angle they were at. When i traded the truck in both upper control arms needed to be replaced. I daily drove it with occasional trips to a hunting lease and occasional light towing. Maybe that extra .25" makes a difference? Not tryin to argue just sharing my experience. That said.... my 17 will probably end up with the same setup as my last truck because I'm an idiot.

1 hour ago, rastasquid said:

My last truck was a 2010 Sierra 1500, which I was running a 2" RC level with Bilstein 5100's set at .75". 3" rear blocks.  I put about 30k miles on no problem, then in the next 10k miles I had an inner axle seal go, both CV boots had tears from the angle they were at. When i traded the truck in both upper control arms needed to be replaced. I daily drove it with occasional trips to a hunting lease and occasional light towing. Maybe that extra .25" makes a difference? Not tryin to argue just sharing my experience. That said.... my 17 will probably end up with the same setup as my last truck because I'm an idiot.

That’s wild. I’ve just never experienced any issues myself and have never heard of any until joining this group. Best of luck

Archived