Has anyone mounted their P3 on their dash using a cell phone type mount? I'm not going to be towing often enough that I want it permanently mounted. The problem I'm finding is that all cell phone mounts have the device part vertical instead of horizontal. Ideally, it'd be a suction cup type mount with a flat top. I want to put it on the dash to the left of the steering wheel on that flat surface. I've found a Garmin mount, but it has a ball connector and I haven't been able to find the other side of it without buying a GPS unit.

Ryan

iOttie makes some good mounts, however, I would not use the sticky suction cup mount on our dashboards. Their mounts can be rotated vertical or horizontal.

10 hours ago, alrockaz said:

iOttie makes some good mounts, however, I would not use the sticky suction cup mount on our dashboards. Their mounts can be rotated vertical or horizontal.

Don't use adhesive or a suction cup?  Why's that?

Ryan

iOttie uses a sticky suction cup that is known to pull up or tear finishes on dashboards that are not just plastic. For example, a Lexus dash with a leather liner is easily ruined and I'm not willing to test it on our padded dashes. Look up the reviews on products like https://smile.amazon.com/iOttie-Universal-Holder-Samsung-Packaging/dp/B01BZC262Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1507827082&sr=8-3&keywords=iottie+car+mount 

You may check mountguys.com.

I have found they have a huge variety. Maybe something they carry will work?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Check out the hopkins insight controller, it lets you mount the box in a hidden location and just toss the slider and display in better locations....