Welcome BACK! New software testing and complaints

Zane

14 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Before the update I found the search feature frustrating.  You had to wait to refine a search.  Since the upgrade I've tried this feature a couple of times with no success.  I most  recently entered "key fob" and it found no results.  These two words together should generate hundreds of hits on this forum.  I know I must be doing something wrong but it is certainly not obvious to me!

When you click in the Search bar a dropdown appears to the left of it.  For some reason this dropdown defaults to "This Topic".  Change it to "All Content" and then do your search.

MODS -- can we get this default changed??

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, sk said:

When you click in the Search bar a dropdown appears to the left of it.  For some reason this dropdown defaults to "This Topic".  Change it to "All Content" and then do your search.

MODS -- can we get this default changed??

Thanks.  I just tried this and widened my search to just the word "key".  0 results!

On 10/16/2017 at 6:25 PM, cbrsilv15 said:

It hasn’t locked my account in a while, but every time I refresh the page it logs me out. Is that something that can be fixed?

Is this still an issue for you?

On 10/17/2017 at 3:30 PM, SnakeEyes 325is said:

A suggestion, user names need a different font color, black on royal blue is killing my eyes(might be because I'm sick right now). I'm thinking  light grey or blue.

Better now?

On 10/21/2017 at 3:26 PM, j-ten-ner said:

I'm dearly missing the "to the top" button :sleep:.

Another thing what bugs me a little is when I go to "new content", that the default setting is "the last 365 days".

Why doesn't it save my changes to "since my last visit" like it did before?

Other than that, great improvement!

:)

so long

j-ten-ner

This seems to be a feature that was ditched with the new software. I'm sure its something I could add in the future with a theme edit.

But, for the time being, did you know that the Home and End buttons on your keyboard do the same thing?

On 10/21/2017 at 3:51 PM, Grumpy Bear said:

Maybe this has been asked. Photos load the same photo or sets of photos four times per post. Is there a fix?

I think this is a problem with older posts. Have you seen this happen in new posts since the upgrade?  If so send me a link and I will get to the bottom of it.

On 10/21/2017 at 6:00 PM, Silverado4x4 said:

Getting tired of seeing this "gm-trucks wants to send you notifications" pop up and have to "agree to terms of use" pop up. 

This is a browser feature that most websites are taking advantage of these days.  You can turn them on/off per site in your browser settings.

Let me know if this fixes your issue.

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

But, for the time being, did you know that the Home and End buttons on your keyboard do the same thing?

Just an FYI - on an iMac, those buttons don't exist.

On 10/21/2017 at 6:47 PM, CKrado said:

Is there a way to add signatures in the new software? I liked when people had their mods listed there so it was easy to see what people have done so i can keep adding to my already never ending list of to-do's on the truck.

I have turned signatures back on and it looks like your old signature has been restored.  Take a look and let me know what you think, as the settings can be adjusted.  I also enabled gravatar for user pictures.

Also, its worth noting, the GM-Trucks.com garage, where you can list mods and pictures of your truck, will be making a return soon. Stay tuned!

2 minutes ago, Jsdirt said:

Just an FYI - on an iMac, those buttons don't exist.

Thank you for that. I am a PC guy born and raised.  I'm sure there is an equivalent mac keyboard shortcut?

ahh screw it I'll google it..

Here is the shortcut for you mac guys

With a Mac keyboard, there are two keyboard shortcuts that provide Home and End key functionality.
  1. Fn + left and right arrow keys. Press the Function key and the right arrow key to jump to the end of a page, and Function and left arrow to jump to the top of a page. ...
  2. Command + up and down arrow keys.

Ahh, good to know - thanks! I was playing around with keys & didn't find anything that worked.  

Had too many things going on at once to Google -  I should've done that first! :lol:

FYI: The Fn button didn't work for me, but the Command / arrow worked.

I'm an idiot. The Fn button worked, just is more controllable - slower to top. Command / arrow speeds it up. I was using the "greater than - less than" symbols instead of the arrows  ... :sick:

On 10/27/2017 at 12:44 PM, Donstar said:

Before the update I found the search feature frustrating.  You had to wait to refine a search.  Since the upgrade I've tried this feature a couple of times with no success.  I most  recently entered "key fob" and it found no results.  These two words together should generate hundreds of hits on this forum.  I know I must be doing something wrong but it is certainly not obvious to me!

I agree, the search functionality in the new software SUCKS.  Good news though, in the next update I have heard they will be adding external search support. Basically, we will be able to install and run software that is specifically designed to search better. I won't bore you with the details, but I'm hoping GM-Trucks.com's search functionality will be greatly improved in the coming months.

As a work around, I highly recommend using google to search the site.  It will always be better then anything we can build in native to the site.

For example, use the search string "site:gm-trucks.com Z71"

Archived