Upgraded from 1500 to a 2500!

Well, about 2 weeks ago I went to my local dealer to have my 2016 Silverado LT Z71 Double Cab inspected. While I was waiting I found a 2011 GMC Sierra Denali hidden in the detailers shop waiting for a detail then to be put out on the lot. Somehow, a couple hours later I drove off with it. 1 owner, 52,000 miles. Not a rock chip or scratch on it! Clean Carfax. It did have and H&S programmer on it with a straight pipe DEF delete exhaust. Needless to say I love this truck. It was much needed after I bought a 33' TT weighing right at 7,000 pounds. I was going to wait untli spring to buy one, but I couldn't walk away from this beauty of a truck. I already have installed Husky floor mats, underseat storage in rear, and a tonneau cover.

Future Mods are as follows in no particular order:

- 4 step deatail including paint correction, swirl remover, polish, then a ceramic coating.

- Xpel paint protectant film on front bumper, hood, fender, and mirrors.

- rear inner wheel well liner install

- Husky mudflaps

- New tow mirrors, I have already removed the chrome covers on em but they could be replaced with and updated version

- Aftermarket LED headlights and tail lights (pics to follow for opinions)

stbMbvEl.jpg

OH yeah!! Super nice truck!! Bugs die on the chrome mirror, so the Cermaic coating is Excellent, or some protection . Great choice.. and you have a big jump in resale value too. Way to go!!

That's a sweet looking truck. I'd delete the other emission controls if they haven't been deleted already (EGR, Cat, etc) and get that H&S tuning OFF of that truck as soon as you can. Even the "low" settings advance the timing too much, putting huge strain on your engine. Replace that tuning with a proper EFI live tune from a trusted diesel shop. They'll be able to make it so the computer doesn't freak out that the emission controls are gone, but they can custom make it so that it doesn't have crazy amounts of fuel/timing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptordude is correct!!
The H&S is a smoky tune and I'm pretty sure they won't do any up-dates for you anyways
EFI live is the only way to go, your Dmax will perform cleaner and with more usable power.

6 hours ago, grizzlyltz said:

Nice truck
Gmc 11-14 is more handsome than the Chevy In those years
Had a 12 deleted, miss the torque

HOGWASH!  I've had both.  The Chevy looks slightly better. 

8 hours ago, grizzlyltz said:

Nice truck
Gmc 11-14 is more handsome than the Chevy In those years
Had a 12 deleted, miss the torque

No comparison, even though the HD Silverado in those years had a 1 piece front bumper, which was far better than the 3 piece 1500 bumper.

Ok so I'm looking to get some opinions about some aftermarket head lights and tail lights. I really like LED strips in these that kinda give it the new Sierra look, but don't want the truck to look to "ricer" if you know what I mean. I'm also still up in the air about the head lights altogether, with all this made in China crap they may leak the first time it rains. I may just throw some brighter head light bulbs in em and just get the rear tail lights? Also, I've read to remove the whole head light housing is  PITA. Open to opinions, suggestions.

DgsosNa.png

5u8zCVX.png

Archived