2016 SILVERADO ENGINE SQUEAK??

Truck started to make a squeaking noise this weekend, took it to the dealership on Monday. Dealership called Tuesday and said that they could not find anything wrong with the truck and that this sound is normal. Take a look at this video so that you can hear and understand what I am talking about.  https://youtu.be/aERzjGAX-aU

Does this sound normal to you guys? I also put water on the belt and the noise was persistent so it does not appear to be the belt. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

WOW, Im thinking you need to take this to another dealer. That sounds quite obvious and no way that is normal. My last  2 trucks I had had over 200k and none of them had sounds that were that bad.

• Like 2

Take it back to the dealer and leave it idling while you go get the service writer and let him hear it. If he's anything other than an knucklehead he will know that is not a normal sound that your truck should make.

• Like 1

My 2015 Sierra had that same exact issue...dealer also could "not" find anything wrong with it. At one point they even changed out the thermostat? Thinking that would address the issue. They knew there was an issue, otherwise why change the thermostat? But at the end, that dealer just chased me away telling me "you still have warranty, just drive the thing until something breaks." 

• Like 1

FYI  My friend who lives in FL has either a 2011 or 2012, no warranty and about 120,000 had a squeaking noise in the engine.  Both he and I listened and could really not hear the source. He took it to his trusted mechanic who after replacing the belt and checking all, found it was coming from internally inside the engine.   $6000 and a new crate engine later the noise was gone. He is happy with the new engine.

• Like 1

My engine had the exact same noise... Dealer heard the sound as well.. Left it with them for a week and they could not get it to repeat... Still no solution but it has not been making the noise recently at all.. I recorded it as well. Hope you find out something as I am nervous about how they will respond later after initial bumper to bumper is out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

In my friends case,  my guess is a bearing with low or no oil flow but  he was able to drive and get back home.  IF it was mine I would have had the old engine torn down enough to see what it was.

Added:  BUT his noise was not the same as video. It was a squeal like a bearing without lube.

Edited by wmgeorge64
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a thought do you guys have exhaust with flapper removed or tied open? My truck don’t sound like that but more of a cricket sound Dealer said it’s the after market exhaust from no restrictions on the exhaust. Not that I fully believe that but maybe so idk. Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk