2014 high country chrome rims peeling

Hi all,

1500 high country 20 inch chrome rims peeling around valve stem. 3 out of 4 are doing that. 20,000 kms on truck. GM said they would cover only 2 of them... Saw on forum that a guy w a GMC truck got all 4 replaced... Your thoughts?

Hi Sean403,

Just getting clarification.  The rims on the Silverado are Machined aluminum? Is that why they are peeling? Not real chrome if I understood correctly.

Thanks again

• 1 year later...

PEB, now that it’s almost 2 years since you had this issue with your wheels peeling do you still have them and have they gotten worse?

i was interested in getting these because I want to downsize from the 22s that we’re on my HC when I got it used. 

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi Young Buck,

To be honest, I haven't paid to much attention to them since as everytime I'd look at them, it really upset me.  I will look at all 4 of them tonight and let you know.  Its so frustrating to pay so much and have to fight non-stop for something that should simply be honored.  Very disappointed but non the less, will let you know. I would love to get some 22's.

Thanks man I appreciate it! Also sorry for reminding you about them because that is annoying. 

I don’t want to keep bringing up negative things but I really like your set up and I’m just trying to prepare myself. Did you notice any difference in handling, accelerating, braking or fuel mileage when you leveled and got your BFGs?

I want a higher profile sidewall on my tires because these low profiles seem a little harsh for a stock suspension. Also BFG all terrain are my favorite and they don’t make them for 22s. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...