If you have 285/65r20 + 2.5" level step in..

I presently have 2.5" level and trying to decide between BFG KO2s 275/65r20's or 285/65r20's .

The latter is significantly more expensive. I've searched quite a bit on here and only found a hand full of guy running 285/65r20s on a 2.5" level. Of the pix I have found, one looks like that setup is "stuffing them in the wheel wells", while the guy running the exact same setup looked perfectly fine.

If you have that setup please post up pix! Or if you have the 275/65r20s and wish you had gone bigger, please chime in also!

I presently have 2.5" level and trying to decide between BFG KO2s 275/65r20's or 285/65r20's .

The latter is significantly more expensive. I've searched quite a bit on here and only found a hand full of guy running 285/65r20s on a 2.5" level. Of the pix I have found, one looks like that setup is "stuffing them in the wheel wells", while the guy running the exact same setup looked perfectly fine.

If you have that setup please post up pix! Or if you have the 275/65r20s and wish you had gone bigger, please chime in also!

Higher than 2.5, but would clear just fine. 737fc2c69392fc664f92f76eaebf5046.jpgcf7d28f9957e30e3908df7c3e984d4b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello All!

Thanks to this web site and the kind people who have given the information I have gotten here, I was able to pull the plug and go with my leveling kit and 285/65/R20's.

Here are the specifics - Work was performed by RMT Off Road in Fort Collins, Colorado. I highly recommend them for ANY work you need done. I used them because they were an authorized installer to save my new truck warranty as this truck only has 6,000 miles on it.

• Traxda 3"+1" leveling kit - (before tires, I gained 2-3/4" height at the front)
  • OEM 20" x 9" wheels - No Spacers
  • 285/65/R20 BFG KO2's

Measurements after Level & KO2's

At front license plate - ground to the top of the bumper at body line - 25-3/16" Originally...............Leveled - 29-7/16"

At receiver hitch - 18-13/16" Originally...............Leveled 20-5/16" 

At front fender - 36-1/4" Originally..................Leveled 40-1/8"

At back fender - 38-1/2" Originally..................Leveled 41-3/4"

I get very minor rubbing at full lock, only on the driver side. It rubs about a quarter size spot at the rear of the well lining, toward the frame. I will tie this back with a zip tie this spring when the weather is warmer. It is so slight that I can wait until then to do this.

Thanks again to everyone on this site for their input and help.

Leveled 1.JPG

Leveled 3.JPG

Leveled 4.JPG

• Like 4

Today I took off the GMC emblem from the tail gate, added some bling to the tail gate handle, and changed the front grille emblem letters to the white carbon fiber!

Looking better every day!

Grille Emblem 1.JPG

Grille Emblems.JPG

Tailgate Chrome.JPG

Edited by got9seconds

On 10/12/2017 at 7:46 PM, 14 Silvy said:

Not my truck but here is what I found 2.5 level and 285/65/206ddd84fbeb18e57e6d713249b8fa7664.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I know I'm late on this thread but here are my results from a 2" rough country leveling kit and tires BFG KO2 size 275-55/R20

side cT.jpg

Edited by jogutier
included more info on the wheels
  • Like 1