97 K2500 Burb alignment issues

So, I'm lost. My truck will want to turn right all the time, you have to hold it on the road. Highway, low speed, doesn't matter. I've replaced the upper ball joints, upper control arm bushings, Pitman arm, idler arm, steering box, calipers, pads, rotors, steering stabilizer and front shocks. Checked the lower ball joints and wheel bearings but they are free and have no play. Had it aligned twice by Merchants. The guy was cool, he brought me in and showed me the machine and worked with me. He let me drive it after everything was done and we tried again but he was even lost and apologized. On the machine it was perfect. On the road not so much. I bought new Cooper Discover A/T's and some Dick Cepeks recently but nothing changed after the upgrade. Went with a bigger tire but the issue persisted after the change. 

So the only things I haven't changed are the lower ball joints, inner / outer tie rods, wheel bearings, and ????. I even went as far as to park my truck on flat ground and measured the height of the front fenders and re-adjusted the torsion bars to match everything up hoping for some improvement. 

Its very squirrelly at highway speed. The larger tires seemed to have amplified the issue. Wanders fairly badly now.

any help will be much appreciated

burbschool.jpg

Don't know if it matters, but if you look at the front of my truck I have a crap ton of positive camber. Its been like that since I bought it but every alignment shop says that's not a problem. I can't stand it because it looks funny.

I'm guessing it's the alignment...for some reason GM specs additional camber or caster in the passenger side, and that causes a pull to the right. I had this same complaint when I had mine aligned and the guy put it back on the lift and put the passenger side near to the driver's, and that made a big difference.

Your wandering and wierd feel might just be tires and tread squirm...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Okay guys, I believe I figured the issue out last night. ? My new rotor on the passenger side was warping. So when the truck sat at Merchants to get aligned it was cold. We drove it in, lifted it, no issues.....wheels spin free. Well after driving last night I pulled it in the shop and lifted the passenger side and it was rock solid. I was able to get it free but only about a quarter turn back and forth. 10 minutes later after it was free again, but now I could see where the issue was. The rotor was only showing itself after being hot. I threw a new rotor on last night. Looks and feels great. We will see today when I drive to ball practice. ?? 

IMG_2774.JPG

IMG_2775.JPG

Okay guys, I believe I figured the issue out last night. [emoji120] My new rotor on the passenger side was warping. So when the truck sat at Merchants to get aligned it was cold. We drove it in, lifted it, no issues.....wheels spin free. Well after driving last night I pulled it in the shop and lifted the passenger side and it was rock solid. I was able to get it free but only about a quarter turn back and forth. 10 minutes later after it was free again, but now I could see where the issue was. The rotor was only showing itself after being hot. I threw a new rotor on last night. Looks and feels great. We will see today when I drive to ball practice. ?? 
IMG_2774.JPG.912c6398007a91943e5763efc6a2f25b.JPG
IMG_2775.thumb.JPG.fe095c9d6bcbbadf446b5649ae4ef172.JPG
Sounds like a seized caliper to me...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing last night but I was able to run the caliper in and out freely and the line wasn't collapsing. The rotor is definitely out of shape using a straight edge and spinning it. The plus side is that both are less than a month old so their under warranty if I find the caliper to have any issues. ?

Archived