Tylermadden

8 speed warranty work and courtesy vehicle for the weekend

Bought my 2015 silverado LTZ a couple of weeks ago and have had a whole bunch of transmission and shifting related complaints while getting to know it. It’s got the 6.2L and I’ve been enjoying that part but driving it became pretty frustrating with the 8-speed inconsistencies. So I brought it to the dealership to have checked out and looked over and fortunately for me they’ve indicated a few things that I’m hoping will clear up my issues.

I know there’s only umpteen thousand threads related to the transmission issues, just hoping maybe if this works for me that somebody else can benefit too

Issues:

-Confused shifting. 1>2 delay 2>1 clunk

-Gas>coast>gas to maintain speed results in shudder in steering and pedals. This has been the most bothersome for me, as it happens at any speed and any gear.

Fixes: (hopefully)

-Torque converter

-Clutch

-They also mentioned there were a few bulletins for the transmission that hadn’t been tended to yet that they’ll handle as well.

I don’t have the dealer codes for these repairs since they haven’t started or completed them yet, but I’ll post them as soon as I get the truck back for anybody that may find it useful.

Can’t confirm yet whether these issues will be rectified after the repairs, but I’m hopeful! Seems like the torque converter has been the most common source of issues for other 8 speed owners though.

In the mean time, I’ll be driving around a pretty sweet little 2017 Silverado Z71 LT Crew Cab with the black package and a $54,830 price tag . Originally they tried to usher me into a Traverse, and then a Colorado. After flashing a few smiles and using my manners she managed to track this slick ride down for me. If a Silverado wasn’t in the cards I was going to try for a Tahoe since I’ll be shopping those for the wife soon. Seems they’re a little more stingy with handing out corvettes as loaners though 🤷🏻‍♂️

So far I’m really satisfied with my dealership (Denver) and the way they’re handling this. Sounds like a lot of you have had problems, but so far so good over here!

81159886465b610495cf5c41e3a146a5.jpg

c24cdd227383c28d3cd35febce04ed3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

what dealership

John Elway Chevrolet

Insane price for an LT. Not a fan of those wheels, but looks great otherwise.

Ahh the old Burt Chevy dealership.  I was a service shagger there for a few months back in the 90s when Burt was a respectable dealership chain.    Let me know how they treat you.  I go to Ed Bozarth here in Lone Tree as it is closer. 

Ahh the old Burt Chevy dealership.  I was a service shagger there for a few months back in the 90s when Burt was a respectable dealership chain.    Let me know how they treat you.  I go to Ed Bozarth here in Lone Tree as it is closer. 

Yep, been around for ages! Have no previous dealings with them, but I’m hoping they continue to keep up the ease I’ve experienced so far. It’s incredibly conveniently close to me so that’s awesome.

Have you had good luck with Ed Bozarth?

Having a good dealer makes a huge difference. All makes have their quirks, but a crappy dealer will make it a nightmare. 

On 10/14/2017 at 9:16 AM, 2017SierraSLT said:

Its the options that make the difference. 

Over $10,000 worth on that truck.

They are ALL overpriced. Hell, my 17 LT Midnight double cab sticker was over $51k, but at least I got leather and a rear slider window! Lol!!