Window Switch

I ordered an AC Delco D1954F to replace the switch in my 2012 2500hd LS (upgraded work truck)...I asked this question a while ago, got an answer, and for the life of me I can't get the search to work now.

I have a crew cab, power/heated mirrors...again, essentially a WT.

Before I get and try to install it, is this the correct switch? I had to order a gas cap because I'm getting the "small evap leak" code, and threw this switch on the Rock Auto order.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Switch installed, works perfectly...same switch I took out (every marking and tag was the same).

I watched a video on how to swap them out, and one of the comments stated "clean the contacts before replacing". What? Having already swapped the non-working for working switch, what harm can come from experimenting. The switch body snaps together, so using a flat plastic trim pry bar, I popped it apart. The finger pieces of the switch come out with the top, there is a silicone rubber gasket that contains the upper part of the "switch" or contacts and then the body with the circuit board and other half of the contact. Mine were blacken, either from dirt or arcing. A little light scratching with a knife and everything is clean again...keep in mind these contacts are about 1/4" in diameter and thin, so you go easy. Do both the contact in the silicone rubber and the circuit board, slide things back together, snap it together, and done...that switch now works fine (plugged it in to check). I don't know how long that fix would last, but to get you by for a spell or to give you a spare; it's worth the five minutes to clean those contacts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Contacts that get dirty...all those little gold dots that are about 1/4" in diameter are the contacts. It will be quite obvious when you first take it apart which one is giving g you issues because they will look dirty; the less used switches will have clean contacts.

I used a knife blade and carefully scratched the "dirt" off each contact. Assembly is the reverse of disassembly, there is one duck-bill looking piece that sits on the silicone rubber that is indexed in two small holes, make sure you don't drop that, it's really the only loose piece in here.7323ef24f208f3ab654e6a8e00083b59.jpgbc329e63e9c59b4c908bd5ecfadcc919.jpg1d6afddbd7c258a1b28363795978ad3d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Archived