Service transfer case

Yesterday my 4x4 worked fine, I was having multiple problems with the electrical operations inside my truck cruise, windshield wiper sprayer, blinkers, flashers, radio not shutting off after doors locked, and I'm sure other things I'm forgetting. I took the truck to the mechanic to get a new bcm after reading so many stories of bad bcms. Anyway he tells me the cost, and I decided for 50 bucks at the local salvage yard I could get a used one and try it out. We'll I did and all the things that were not working are now working, however now my 4x4 isn't working. The display says to check 4x4 or transfer case or something on my 07 2500 hd. After the mechanic checked the truck out and did what ever he did that's when all of this started the 4x4 worked fine, these things were showing on the screen after he did what he did. Where do I turn to now? Any suggestions?

I'm not sure that the used bcm came out of a truck that had 4 wheel drive, but after the mechanic worked on the truck that's when this 4 wheel issue happened. Then I went ahead and replaced the bcm, which like I said seems to fix the problems I originally had. There are a few other things on the screen I think check drivers side air bag is on now it wasn't before. But I think it's possible that although this bcm fixed alot of my problems it came with some of its on as well. What ye say?

Archived