USB devices not recognized in MyLink

2017 LTZ with 8" MyLink.

Periodically the truck fails to recognize USB devices when I start the truck, including USB flash drives and my phone via Android Auto. If I press the Media button, I see the phone via Bluetooth but I do not see the flash drive. It doesn't matter which USB port I use and the music was playing via the flash drive before I shut off the truck.

The Projection button on the radio screen does not change to Android Auto as it would do under normal operation.

This will likely be a warranty issue but if anyone's seen it beforehand so I can point the dealer in the right direction that would be helpful.

Video

Found a TSB which has replacing USB hub as a possible solution.

• Date ReportedAUGUST 02, 2016
  • NHTSA Reference#10082422
  • TSB Reference#16NA242

Description: THIS TECHNICAL BULLETIN PROVIDES DIAGNOSTIC TIPS TO HELP CORRECT MULTIPLE CONCERNS REGARDING THE USB PORT BEING INOPERATIVE OR UNABLE TO PLAY MUSIC THROUGH THE USB PORT.

SB-10082422-5448 (USB TSB).pdf

• 1 year later...

I have been seeing the same issue with my 2017 Tahoe.  the dealership has replaced the head unit and a few others things and we still have the issue of the vehicle not connecting to my phone.  I have had numerous chevy loaner vehicles and in each one of them I have had no issue.  Last December the regional manager told me to give him until the beginning of this year to fix the issue and if they were unable to and I was not happy he would approve a buy back with no depreciation on the vehicle.  That manger bamboozled me cause he left and now the hew guy is dragging his feet.  I am looking at hiring an attorney because Georgia has a lemon law and my vehicle has been in at least 7 times and I have been without my vehicle for at least 2 months because of this issue.