Most aggressive AT tire with Stock suspension:

Looking for recommendations on tire/ wheel set up for my 2017 GMC Sierra Crew Cab, I will not be doing anything to the suspension ( no level or lift).  I want to keep that stock for now.  I have the chrome clad 20 inch wheel with the 275/55/20 tire.  Thinking about black or black and chrome wheels and maybe running them on the Falkin Wildpeak AT3Ws.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  Attached is a pic of my truck, all stock right now.

IMG_6825.JPG

I had Nitto Terra Grappler G2 on my last truck and it ran stock for a little while. They are nice tires with a good warranty. I had 275/65R20, I think our could run 275/60R2 stock. I had to zip tie the fender wells back some but they fit stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second the Toyo AT.  I had 3 sets. All gave excellent wear.  Traction in the dirt was just ok.  AT2 should be better in the dirt than the ones I had.   But there are more aggressive tread patterns than any mentioned above.  Most of the makers are making an in between tire.  The Toyo RT, Nitto Ridge Grappler,  Cooper STMAXX, MIckey Thompson ATZP3,  and others, are the middle of the market tire between AT and MT.  BFG seems to decided not to get into that market with both feet.  They came out with the KO line, which is about the same change as Toyo AT to AT2 or Nitto Terra Grappler to G2. 

Im buying the Toyo AT2 next set (next year).  I’m tired of the noisy STMaxx tires.  Toyo makes a better tire overall, IMO.

Archived