1000 bucks to blow

2014 gmc sierra 1500 dc 4x4

Have about a grand to play with, is there any must haves or where would be a good place to start?

I have already done the tow mirror upgrade, Installed rear flush mount led pods, tinted windows & windshield, and put led license plate bulbs in. I would like to increase my throttle response a tad bit and do something with the exhaust for sure. It sounds like my Altima 4cyl. I was reading another post about the borla, and so far that sounds like the best bet to me.

Just interested in hearing and seeing what different routes people have taken. Pics are welcome. The truck is under warranty still, so no programmer until that's up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

New muffler will give you your sound and not break your pocket - $100-200.

New full catback dual exhaust from Borla (like my S-Type) will cost you around $800+.

Then you'll have to install these yourself.

New muffler will give you your sound and not break your pocket - $100-200.

New full catback dual exhaust from Borla (like my S-Type) will cost you around $800+.

Then you'll have to install these yourself.
How do you like the borla? Any drone when dropping into v4? As far as muffler only do you have any recommendations?

A Volant intake, muffler delete, and a tune will do wonders. The Volant with dry Donaldson filter is $317, muffler delete under $50, tuner $300.
I've been looking at the s&b intakes and the k&n. Does the volant have anything different or "better" than the other 2? I was reading when it comes to intakes it's basically just a personal preference. I've only ever bought 1 intake and it was a short ram for a 4cyl. The filter on it is exposed to the heat of the engine bay, no heat shield. I drive my truck about 2000 miles a month. Roughly 150 miles on the days that I work. Not sure if an exposed filter would matter on the longer drives.

I did try the mod on my factory exhaust, I clamped the valve open. No change just a waste of time and effort crawling under the truck. The factory exhaust looks to be extremely restricted. If I have the muffler swapped I might just have the guy pull everything except for the cat or cats, and have that valve reinstalled to reduce the drone while in v4.

I used many cold air intakes in muscle cars to jeep jks, I have a K&N in my truck and it's good but it cost a lot for a plastic tube my Afe ones that have gotten have been metal and personally I think it makes a better sound.

But look for who ever has a better deal.

http://trucksenthusiasts.com/5-best-cold-air-intakes-2014-17-gmc-sierra-1500-performance-upgrades/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy the long tube headers in the for sale section and do the muffler delete mod.  You can always add the Mangaflow muffler that folks are using if you want different sound after the muffler delete and still may be under $1K.  

I keep eyeing the headers so if you get them, I can't.  :)

Good luck with your choice! 

-S

I’d recommend the  Russell 2000. 

But it if you’re set on blowing it, put some lights on it.  They actually do something for you.  I would not be without them.   How many deer do people hit a night in KY?

3FF91A80-3DC3-4B68-8263-A4F1B0F6CBCD.jpeg

Archived