tech2win

apollo18

Question

just read about tech2win. does this mean i can buy a J2534 cable and the tech2win subscription and basically have a tech 2 for myself to use? or does it have alot of reduced functionality? all i wanna be able to do is update modules, and also try fixing my tranny

9 answers to this question

Thanks Justin.  I have a Tech2 and TIS2000 but have not needed to reprogram modules yet.  So does TIS2WEB replace TIS2000?  What is the latest model year that the Tech2 can work on with either of these programs?  I believe my card is 32.008 which says '91 through '13.

You hook the J-box between a laptop computer and the vehicle. Get on the site, pay the fee, and choose what module you're updating and go from there.

I have zero experience with a Tech 2, so can't help you there.

A 2007 what?  NBS?  NNBS?  TIS2000 can be used with the Tech2 but I think only until 2007 NBS, don't quote me.

So if a fella has a Tech2, what else does he need to update or program modules?

You still need a subscription to TIS2WEB. You would have the tech2 plugged into the computer through the cable and then the tech2 into the OBD 2 port. The information transferred through the tech2 is a slower baud rate so it won’t lock older modules up. If you try to only use the MDI, the communication speed is higher and will lock a module up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh, right .... I had delcotds in my head as I was typing. My bad.

Archived