Looks too small

I've had diesels for 10 years. I bought this 2014 ltz 1500 crew 3 years ago. It has been a great truck.  The only problem I have is; it's seems too small and like a lowrider. I've installed a level kit and an add a leaf.  It just seems too low. I wish it sat like an HD or even somewhat close. Anyone else have this issue?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

too* ;)

But in all seriousness I do wish the 1500s sat a bit higher than they do. I believe they are actually the lowest full size truck on the market if I recall correctly. I think I read something about them switching that for the next gen, where they sit higher from the factory. Don't ever see them sitting as high as HDs from factory though.

If you're looking to bump it up a little maybe do a 2" level? A 4" lift can get you 35s in if you get the backspacing right.

How high is your current level and what size are your tires?  You shouldn't have any difficulty achieving the height of a 2500 with a level/lift and tires.  Ride height is a matter of preference.  Some people raise their trucks and some people lower.  

I went from a 1500 to a 2500HD then back to a 1500. All 3 of them where 4x4 and 2015s. It was about a 5 inch difference in height. It doesn’t seem like much, but it was a big difference climbing in and out. My wife and kids hated getting in and out of the HD. I know a lot of people like the higher look, but I prefer the stock height of the 1500, especially when loading/unloading the box.C4AB878C-F52D-4EDE-ACF8-E8DB453F3047.thumb.jpeg.2ef348f7c0779fb0abd72a71cc9f008f.jpeg

14 hours ago, miker2702 said:

My old nova has a such ground clearance as my 2017 Silverado 4wd. Traded my 16 Silverado 2500 for this 1500. Not sure what is worse gutless 5.3 or 

The lowrider look on a 4wd.

Low rider look? I guess you mean the front air dam?

I'm 6'4" and if I didn't have a running board I would need to slide down the seat. It is absolutely higher than any production car ever built.

This will be the first 4wd truck I will need to jack up to do a oil change on. Maybe with out a creeper won't need a jack.

2500 had plenty of room . So imagine off road or hunting trail.

Off road must mean a smooth field or gravel driveway.

My 1991 now is stock sits higher

Than 17 model with smaller tires. Been under it many many times.

In my opinion, a lot of guys don't buy trucks to be used as trucks anymore (especially the 1500's).  It seems to be more of a status thing, so naturally chevy accommodates this to sell more of them.  I look at my neighbors F150 and its clean, pristine, and his daily commuter to work. I don't think he's even used the bed before. I throw bricks at mine.

If you must have a chevy, and you want to be big, lift her up!

These trucks sit higher than the 800 series.  I am 6'1" and easily got out of my 2002 but I have to slightly slide out of my 2014.  The truck itself sits up just fine but the front has a lot more real estate than the older trucks did which equals less approach angle but the same amount of ground clearance as the older trucks when it comes to differential height.

17 hours ago, miker2702 said:

My old nova has a such ground clearance as my 2017 Silverado 4wd. Traded my 16 Silverado 2500 for this 1500. Not sure what is worse gutless 5.3 or 

The lowrider look on a 4wd.

Haha gutless 5.3?  It is far from gutless, even the 4.3 moves pretty well. All these guys expecting their trucks to accelerate, handle and drive like a muscle car then just complain...

Tyler

Archived