Hot USB Port?

Do the 2015 Sierras have a USB port that is always hot?  I have an old school ipod that doesn't hold a charge.  But I listen to it rather than the radio, and it's a nice switch when I get tired of XM.  The crappy thing is, it never holds a charge when the truck is off for a long period of time, and it takes about a half hour for it to kick back on.  Do we have a USB port in the truck that's always hot?  I couldn't find anything in the owner's manual and couldn't find anything on the forum.

Thanks in advance!

It seems that the USB ports under the radio worked.  I could be wrong, but it fired right up when I switched my media.  I'm going to see if the one in the glove box is hot.  If it is, that's where my iPod will live.  I like having the clean look and not having wires all over the place.  Worse comes to worst, I'll see if I can transfer my library and playlists to a thumb drive and keep it in the USB port in the console.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:50 AM, needlepimp said:

Isn't the one in the glove box always hot?

Did they do away with the USB's in the glove box at some point?  My 17 SLT has two inside the center counsel but none in the upper or lower glove box

2 minutes ago, reardiff said:

Did they do away with the USB's in the glove box at some point?  My 17 SLT has two inside the center counsel but none in the upper or lower glove box

My 17 LT has one in the glove box, and 2 in the center seat box, but I don't have the full length console.

Archived