GM corperate tells me my truck is operating as designed(chevy shake

I thought I would share my Chevy shake ordeal story.

I leased  my 2016 Silverado brand new in April of 2016. Decided to lease due to this truck being my first Chevy, long term plan was to buy the truck out at the end.

When I test drove the truck everything seemed fine. I liked the truck so I ended up pulling to trigger the following day.  Truck drove fine the first 2000 miles.  My commute to work is all stop and go traffic so no highway.  After around 2000 miles I hop on the highway and feel my center console shake. starts around 68mph. I call the dealer to explain and we agree to have them look at it during the first oil change. I agree since I don't do to much highway driving.  So between this time frame the shake gets worse to the point where I cant put a drink in the cup holder. I bring the truck in and have the shake looked at and  this weird exhaust whistle(ignore this for now but truck has had 3 exhausts replaced). Dealer does the oil and claims to road force balance the tires, set pressure and rotate. Dealer claims they test drive the truck and its all set. As soon as I pick it up I test the truck on the highway and does the same exact shake. I then keep driving the truck ignore the shake due to not driving on the highway a lot.  Long story short I have them look at the truck 3 more times over the last year. Truck still shakes and have no resolution. I end up moving and now require the highway to get to work. Fed up with the vibration I post on chevys facebook page. I post a video of the shake.  A day later a GM rep messages me on facebook. Through GM, they contact my dealer.  Dealer calls and we set up an appointment. I go for a ride with the new shop Forman he thinks the truck has a torque converter issue. He also tells me about the multiple times they have had a gm engineer come in for the shake and that they really don't have a fix for it. He explained how they have literally replaced all moving parts and still the truck would shake. I drop the truck off and have them do a new torque converter. They call me and says shake is gone! As soon as a pick up the truck I hit the highway and the truck still shakes. So I talk again to GM and they said they can try sending me to another dealer. I explain I don't want to waste my time be bringing this truck in anymore. Keep in mind my truck has been to the dealer 7 times for various issues. So this is the message that gm sends to try and solve my problem. They say they consulted with another local dealer that i have never been to. No clue how they would come up with this.

Screenshot_20171017-232657.png

Out of all these post on here, one thing is consistent and that is that GM has no interest is fixing issues or fixing issues properly. I like this 2014 i just bought but im scared to death im going to get screwed if i have a warranty issue. For the record, my 2014 had the Chevy shake from looking at the Carfax. They replaced so many parts trying to fix it (Driveshaft, front transfer case, front differential, went from 22” tires to 20” tires). Its a smooth ride with nothing remotely that bad as shaking goes.

The people answering you don’t even work for GM or on cars. Have the run out of the Your driveshaft measured in the front, the middle and the back. Should be less that 0.020 inches. If it’s not, it needs to be replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/18/2017 at 11:59 AM, ct_corey said:

I thought I would share my Chevy shake ordeal story.

I leased  my 2016 Silverado brand new in April of 2016. Decided to lease due to this truck being my first Chevy, long term plan was to buy the truck out at the end.

When I test drove the truck everything seemed fine. I liked the truck so I ended up pulling to trigger the following day.  Truck drove fine the first 2000 miles.  My commute to work is all stop and go traffic so no highway.  After around 2000 miles I hop on the highway and feel my center console shake. starts around 68mph. I call the dealer to explain and we agree to have them look at it during the first oil change. I agree since I don't do to much highway driving.  So between this time frame the shake gets worse to the point where I cant put a drink in the cup holder. I bring the truck in and have the shake looked at and  this weird exhaust whistle(ignore this for now but truck has had 3 exhausts replaced). Dealer does the oil and claims to road force balance the tires, set pressure and rotate. Dealer claims they test drive the truck and its all set. As soon as I pick it up I test the truck on the highway and does the same exact shake. I then keep driving the truck ignore the shake due to not driving on the highway a lot.  Long story short I have them look at the truck 3 more times over the last year. Truck still shakes and have no resolution. I end up moving and now require the highway to get to work. Fed up with the vibration I post on chevys facebook page. I post a video of the shake.  A day later a GM rep messages me on facebook. Through GM, they contact my dealer.  Dealer calls and we set up an appointment. I go for a ride with the new shop Forman he thinks the truck has a torque converter issue. He also tells me about the multiple times they have had a gm engineer come in for the shake and that they really don't have a fix for it. He explained how they have literally replaced all moving parts and still the truck would shake. I drop the truck off and have them do a new torque converter. They call me and says shake is gone! As soon as a pick up the truck I hit the highway and the truck still shakes. So I talk again to GM and they said they can try sending me to another dealer. I explain I don't want to waste my time be bringing this truck in anymore. Keep in mind my truck has been to the dealer 7 times for various issues. So this is the message that gm sends to try and solve my problem. They say they consulted with another local dealer that i have never been to. No clue how they would come up with this.

I have a 2016 silverado double cab 4x4 v6  that has the same shake as yours at highway speeds. I posted my video going 75 mph. So annoying and very unacceptable. I have yet to take it in, but on another thread here they refer to the TSB Bulletin 16-NA-175 that seems to fix a lot of the shake issues. I will be trying to get that done hopefully in the next month or so when I get my oil change. 

IMG_0511.MOV

TSB Link: https://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=201234

Don't feel bad, I had a SM tell me not to worry about a slow axle leak because I have a warranty up to 100k miles.   And then.... ?? LOL.  I read the entire TSB and if you are handy do the same and check the specs as they call out.  The techs are probably not even touching the vehicles anymore when they see shake issues.   I checked my driveshaft run out and other items myself for peace of mind. 

You guy's are looking at this all wrong......This is a feature of the truck. Just pour ya coffee in the AM, throw in some sugar and cream and toss it in the center console and Viola after your truck makes it out of the driveway you got a Starbuck's Latte.... Very sad response from GM, I would stay on dat Azz..

22R

Archived