Van and 40 tires, wheels stolen off Ford dealership lot

aseibel

Crazy story here in the Green Bay area. Someone made off with 40 brand new tires/rims, all 20" or 22" furd & lincoln. They also stole a brand new cargo van to haul them off.

http://www.wbay.com/content/news/Reward-offered-for-information-on-theft-from-Dorsch-Ford-dealership--451188633.html

Chances are some cheap wheels will show up for sale in chicagoland. Not that anyone on this forum would want any ugly furd wheels, but if you hear anything on the street, please report it.

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:43 PM, aseibel said:

Crazy story here in the Green Bay area. Someone made off with 40 brand new tires/rims, all 20" or 22" furd & lincoln. They also stole a brand new cargo van to haul them off.

http://www.wbay.com/content/news/Reward-offered-for-information-on-theft-from-Dorsch-Ford-dealership--451188633.html

Chances are some cheap wheels will show up for sale in chicagoland. Not that anyone on this forum would want any ugly furd wheels, but if you hear anything on the street, please report it.

offering 2500 when the take was worth 60-72k...ya no one is gonna help with that

On 1/11/2018 at 6:51 AM, bgbdwlf2500 said:

offering 2500 when the take was worth 60-72k...ya no one is gonna help with that

Umm, I don't know your financial situation. But if I could make $2,500 by picking up the phone and calling in a tip, I surely would. Regardless of what was stolen. I wish I was in your shoes where $2,500 is meaningless.

4 hours ago, aseibel said:

Umm, I don't know your financial situation. But if I could make $2,500 by picking up the phone and calling in a tip, I surely would. Regardless of what was stolen. I wish I was in your shoes where $2,500 is meaningless.

they're not gonna give you anything unless they get all the rims and tires back, and once installed you would never be able to tell if they were on the vehicle to start with or the stolen ones. those rims and tires are already on vehicles and they'll never find them.

25 minutes ago, bgbdwlf2500 said:

they're not gonna give you anything unless they get all the rims and tires back, and once installed you would never be able to tell if they were on the vehicle to start with or the stolen ones. those rims and tires are already on vehicles and they'll never find them.

The article says the reward is for information leading to an arrest. There is no requirement to recover all or any of the wheels. But I agree that since this happened 3 months ago, they are likely long gone by now. Even though that van should turn up somewhere eventually.

Archived