Chevy Adds ZR2 Midnight and Dusk Special Editions For 2018

Gorehamj

ZR2 special editions.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
10-19-2017

Just in time for the annual SEMA aftermarket show in Las Vegas, Chevy has dropped two great-looking special edition Colorados. The ZR2 is already styled differently than other Colorado trims with a more aggressive hood and grille as well as modified front and rear bumpers for added off-road clearance. These two new special editions take the looks up a notch.

ZR2 midnight.jpgZR2 midnight trim.jpg

The 2018 Colorado ZR2 Midnight Edition is painted all-black,  and also has black Chevy bowtie emblems and custom 17-inch five-spoke black wheels - including the spare. There is also a black sport bar with off-road LED lighting and sport-bar sail panels, which bring back the Avalanche look in a way.

ZR2 dusk.jpgZR2 dusk trim.jpg

The ZR2 Dusk Edition offers the same features as the ZR2 Midnight, but isn’t black. It can be purchased in any other ZR2 exterior finish, but the black accents remain. The ZR2 Dusk Edition show in our images is Summit White with the available 2.8L Duramax turbo-diesel and the diesel-exclusive Performance Cold Air Intake.

ZR2 tire special edition.jpg

“The Colorado ZR2 Midnight and Dusk Edition models offer customers even more personalization choices from the only company with three distinct trucks: midsize, full-size and full-size heavy-duty,” said Jim Campbell, U.S. vice president, Truck Strategy, Performance Vehicles and Motorsports. “Chevrolet offers more choices because the truck market is too diverse for a ‘one size fits most’ strategy.” Chevy has not said when the new trucks will be available, but we suspect late Fall.

I wish they would give this thing a V8 option . Nothing big , just like the 5.3 

It would just make it even more bad ass and more rare then regular Colorado Z71  

I know , i know im asking too much :)

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:30 PM, f8l vnm said:

I wish they would give this thing a V8 option . Nothing big , just like the 5.3 

It would just make it even more bad ass and more rare then regular Colorado Z71  

I know , i know im asking too much :)

I would love to find a hood scoop like the one they have on them  , I have some factory rims 17" on mine for the winter with aggressive tires on it I found on line tires and wheels  for $400, great buy , and with the plow I put on mine will be great in the snow , I have the factory 18" black ones with the red stripe on them for my summer tires and rims ,I got the idea of the red rally stripe from the new  2018 Colorado  redline  edition they came out with this year  was easy to do and sets it off  nicely IMAG1629.thumb.jpg.ab55e186098437f82114f6f1a4950aec.jpgIMAG1629.thumb.jpg.ab55e186098437f82114f6f1a4950aec.jpg

Archived