Intake manifold, carb (obviously), fuel pressure regulator, throttle setup for a carb linkage.  You would probably be able to get a stand alone controller for the transmission if its a 4L60e.  You will  probably need a different distribute and ignition system to get it to be stand alone and not running off of the computer.  The trans could always be swapped to something that wasnt electrically controlled. TH-700 or a TH-400.  Why are you looking to get away from the TBI?

at first i wasn't too familiar or had much knowledge with the tbi system (just picked the truck up little more than 2 wks ago), but now doing some research and finding out how the tbi system works (fairly simple) and honestly what i would have to do just to swap, i think my mind is made up on this setup.  i just need proper tools to diagnose everything myself as i do my own mntc.  and yes it has the TH-700.

• 4 months later...

I agree, I have a feeling you will end up feeling like those guys who put a 327 in their 454 Chevelle because they wanted to save on gas money. I have always understood the 87 350 TBIs were the most valuable  and or desirable of that chassis. 

I personally hate TBI and would have no issue doing a carb.... I mean personally I would pull the small block and go LS but hey can't win them all.  TBI works but it's one of those antiquated fuel injection setups nobody cares about anymore lol.  Back in the 90's I was all about custom chips, adjustable regulator, 454 or 9C1 injectors etc...  and I look at that and just laugh.

But like if the truck is stock and staying that way it's easier just to leave it.  Unless you have a bunch of issues with it then it's not worth worrying about and will be more efficient than a carb... And lets face it.... most people that want a carb for simplicity...... can't tune one of those properly either lol.

Take my 90 K5... lower mile rust free clean truck with even the rare factory power mirrors on it..... FIrst thing I did was pull that TBI boat anchor under the hood and toss it.  LS powered now lol.

Archived