Digital Fuel Gauge Image Not Reading Full When Full

Hi Guys,

I just bought a new 2017 Silverado and noticed the digital fuel gauge not showing full...I thought I'd wait until I hit a certain mileage to see if the engine needed to calibrate itself, but this is not the case.

GM customer service said "it's normal and just a display..." But my wife has a 2013 Equinox and her digital image depletes as the fuel depletes (works as it should), so GM customer service has to be wrong here.

Any guidance would help greatly! ?

Attached is a photo I took immediately after fill up.

Cheers Gents

IMG_20170623_071701465.jpg

My Aunt was a service manager for 20 years for GM and she just told me it could be the sensor or cluster itself.

Again...doesn't make sense if my wife's Equinox reads correctly.

Edited by jsanford01

The gas pump thing on the DIC?  They are all at that same spot, on every single 4.2" color cluster on these trucks.  2014 and up, Silverado, Colorado, Sierra, Canyon, Tahoe, Suburban, Escalade, Yukon, and anything else that uses that cluster display.  Its NOT a representation of the fuel level in the truck. 

Edited by newdude

Not sure where in that image you expect it to show full. Maybe you can be a little more specific and draw a red circle around the area.

My wife has a 2013 Equinox 2LT, what digital image are you talking about? It's a simple monochrome display between the gauges that doesn't even display fuel level.

This doesn't make sense. Even under the image shows 2 circles...one as empty and one as full. But even this doesn't denote anything. If the image doesn't show fuel depletion, there is no point in having this.

I'll try and dissect further.

Thanks guys

This doesn't make sense. Even under the image shows 2 circles...one as empty and one as full. But even this doesn't denote anything. If the image doesn't show fuel depletion, there is no point in having this.

I'll try and dissect further.

Thanks guys

It’s just a graphic image. Not functional. Silly sure, but broken no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

The blue color in the gas pump is not meant to be a dynamic guage (think battery icon on your phone).

It is simply a static picture of a gas pump that they chose to color that way. Its exactly the same in my 2015.

• 3 years later...
34 minutes ago, Jessiejames said:

My fuel range did not go over 274 with a completely full tank in a 2017 suburban. Any help on this issue?

Welcome to the site.

More information may help, what was your average MPG on the last tank? If very low the truck uses that to calculate and estimate for the new tank of gas. Higher average on the last tank will yield more miles on the next.

• Like 1