Synthetic oil

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went M1 in 1999 and haven’t poured anything else since.  I still change it by the OLM.  Wix, Mobil1, STP,  or the new and improved Fram super duper filters.   No more K&N since they cheapened the design.  Definitely not a AC Delco new style. 

Mobil 1 all the way.  Dealer used it on first oil change on my 1995 GMC 350 engine.  I stuck with it and put over 300,000 miles on that truck and it still didn't burn oil.  After dealer free oil changes on my new truck I'll go back to Mobil 1.

16 hours ago, Billy Lagstrom said:

I have 3 trucks and all are on the free oil change but being a tech I know not to.I use mobile 1 with a good filter and have never had problems.The dealer uses shit bulk oil and most don't use a gm parts filter.They use what we call day filters because they are good for just a day.

So, who makes the AC Delco full synthetic that the dealers are using now? Do you think it is an inferior oil too?

22 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

So, who makes the AC Delco full synthetic that the dealers are using now? Do you think it is an inferior oil too?

Not sure,but probably somebody like Mobil. I use to work at a Napa auto parts store and valvoline made Napa's oil. Same oil just in a Napa bottle. Even had the same address on back of bottle as valvoline. 

Not sure,but probably somebody like Mobil. I use to work at a Napa auto parts store and valvoline made Napa's oil. Same oil just in a Napa bottle. Even had the same address on back of bottle as valvoline. 
Ashland made a lot of Napa oils at one point...

If they meet the Dexos certification, it is a good oil...oils have come a long way, and with the certification process required today...they aren't all that different between brands in regards to performance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, 2017_LTZ said:

I'm going to go full synthetic after my free oil changes are done. Protects your engine better for a few more bucks... Well worth the investment in my opinion. 

Factory fill on 2017 trucks is full synthetic. 

19 minutes ago, sdeeter19555 said:

Ashland made a lot of Napa oils at one point...

If they meet the Dexos certification, it is a good oil...oils have come a long way, and with the certification process required today...they aren't all that different between brands in regards to performance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, newdude said:

Factory fill on 2017 trucks is full synthetic. 

So, who makes the AC Delco/GM oil that is used at dealerships? They have switched to the full synthetic at the dealer I use for service.

40 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

So, who makes the AC Delco/GM oil that is used at dealerships? They have switched to the full synthetic at the dealer I use for service.

I asked a chevy dealer that, he said mobil is there supplier. Weather that is true I don't know.

Archived