Best Trailer Hitch for 6 Inch Lift

I have a 2017 GMC Sierra Crew Cab All Terrain 6.2L without max tow. I am getting a 6 inch lift done with the BDS lift kit and 35s. What trailer hitch do yall recommend? Is stainless steel necessary? What specs should i be looking for? Thanks in advance.

I have a 2017 GMC Sierra Crew Cab All Terrain 6.2L without max tow. I am getting a 6 inch lift done with the BDS lift kit and 35s. What trailer hitch do yall recommend? Is stainless steel necessary? What specs should i be looking for? Thanks in advance.
Whatever hitch makes the trailer ride level?

I'd search out an adjustable that's rated for you intended use...eTrailer is your friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, eddieconfetti3 said:

What specs should i be looking for?

since you are driving a half ton, any hitch rated for 10,000 lbs + will be adequate for your needs. Any hardware/ auto parts store should have several to choose from, or order anything in the world from online.

The only dimension that matters is the drop- as sdeeter said- make sure your trailer is level.

Here's one, for example: https://www.etrailer.com/Ball-Mounts/Curt/C45336.html

stainless steel would be personal preference only, it won't affect performance.

I'm a bit confused here, I'm not sure whether the OP is asking about a hitch/receiver assembly or the ball and ball mount. The stainless steel question would lead one to believe he's talking about the ball, but he specified that he doesn't have max tow and asked about a hitch. Semantics do matter.

Sorry. I'm a newbie when it comes to using a trailer. I'm going to be using a trailer to haul my motorcycle. I'm guessing that I should be asking about is the ball mount and not a hitch? I've been looking at adjustable or a drop hitch ones, but I'm a little confused. So many choices.

Sorry. I'm a newbie when it comes to using a trailer. I'm going to be using a trailer to haul my motorcycle. I'm guessing that I should be asking about is the ball mount and not a hitch? I've been looking at adjustable or a drop hitch ones, but I'm a little confused. So many choices.
The receiver is the part on the truck...

I would buy an adjustable ball hitch for your purposes...at least capable of a six inch drop or closer to 8 to 10. Make sure of the receiver size, I think the 1500s are 2 inch, the 2500/3500s are 2.5 inch. You don't need stainless, just take the hitch off the receiver when not towing and stow it somewhere dry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Archived