Finally trimmed my front valance

Finally got around to trimming the front valance.  Did it on the truck to keep it stiffer.  Did one side with a dremel the other with a sharp razor blade.  I recommend the latter, just go slow, follow the line that's already there and make multiple follow up cuts.  Again go slow so you don't fall out of the original cut / score line.  

IMG_8756.JPG.b3b3cb49927454521e3550e920b693b1.JPGIMG_8757.JPG.2402bab9018a40574a5c786b31de559b.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, diyer2 said:

Removed mine.

Easier to get under for oil changes.

:happysad:

Did you do anything with the bolt holes on the bumper? You could still see them at certain angles. Didn't really bug me much but curious if you bent them up, cut them off, etc.

On 10/20/2017 at 1:41 PM, 14tungstenLT said:

Finally got around to trimming the front valance.  Did it on the truck to keep it stiffer.  Did one side with a dremel the other with a sharp razor blade.  I recommend the latter, just go slow, follow the line that's already there and make multiple follow up cuts.  Again go slow so you don't fall out of the original cut / score line.  

IMG_8756.JPG.b3b3cb49927454521e3550e920b693b1.JPGIMG_8757.JPG.2402bab9018a40574a5c786b31de559b.JPG

looks great!!  definitely on my 'to-do' list!

i was going to use a reciprocating saw, but maybe i'll just use a razor blade

Looks god, man. What did you guys use for a straight edge?
Thanks. I did it by eye using the contour of the mold. On the 2500s there's a distinct line which I cut along. Then I used a sander to smooth out any imperfections

27 minutes ago, 8lugmafia said:
8 hours ago, FootballCoach53 said:
Looks god, man. What did you guys use for a straight edge?

Thanks. I did it by eye using the contour of the mold. On the 2500s there's a distinct line which I cut along. Then I used a sander to smooth out any imperfections

Thanks for the info! Looks like I’ll be doing this this week, barring any guff from the wife.

44 minutes ago, FootballCoach53 said:

Thanks for the info! Looks like I’ll be doing this this week, barring any guff from the wife.

Good luck with it. Post pictures afterward 

18 hours ago, FootballCoach53 said:

I was JUST thinking about doing this! Looks like I’ll be getting some new razor blades. Did you use a straight edge to keep yourself in line?

i did the same as 8 lug.  Just free handed it.  might be a good idea to put painters tape on there so you can have a more defined guide.  Just take it slow and sand out any imperfections.  

3 hours ago, 14tungstenLT said:

i did the same as 8 lug.  Just free handed it.  might be a good idea to put painters tape on there so you can have a more defined guide.  Just take it slow and sand out any imperfections.  

Solid.  Thanks for the tips, guys.  I'm excited to do this.  The front valence  always drove me nuts with how long it was.  Glad you guys found an alternative to removing it completely.