LED bulb in projector housing?

Hey guys. I’m doing a ton of research on various LED bulbs. What I’m not sure on is what bulb fits best in a projector housing. I have seen various stories of people buying bulbs and the bulb doesn’t fit and the dust cover won’t go back on. Anyone have experience with this?

I picked up the BPS G7 9012 LED kit thru Amazon, replacing the DDM tuning 35watt HID kit I had on my truck. With the DDM tuning I had 2 bulbs and 2 ballasts die in 2 years. I hope the LED is more reliable but so far so good.

The entire kit - canbus error eliminators, ballasts, etc all fit inside the projector housing with the dust covers closing up correctly. It is tight but it fits.

The light output matches the Rigid/ProBox LED fogs I have fitted on my truck perfectly. I would estimate 5000k pure white no blue (BPS claims 6000k output)

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the BPS LEDs for a year now, everything tucked inside the dust cap as advertised and no issues. Noticeable difference over stock halogens, found they lit the ditches better. Forward throw is better but not great - though signs do illuminate quite a ways off in the distance. Overall I'm happy with them and they are plug and play. Haven't bit the bullet on a pair of Morimoto LED fogs to go with but I think that pair would be the ticket...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Why is that?  I thought it would be the lumen output that messed with on coming traffic and not the color.
No problems with oncoming traffic with projectors, the shutter keeps the light cutoff point down below the oncoming drivers line of vision. But a higher color rating will make the light output more blue/purple and make it not seem as bright, especially on a dark rainy night.

32 minutes ago, FarmKid92 said:

No problems with oncoming traffic with projectors, the shutter keeps the light cutoff point down below the oncoming drivers line of vision. But a higher color rating will make the light output more blue/purple and make it not seem as bright, especially on a dark rainy night.

Oh!  Yeah, I thought you meant it would mess with oncoming traffic.  Brightest I'd go is 6000k.  I had a set in my F150 that were 6000 and I liked them.  I almost think they were close to 5500 because they were nearly pure white.

Archived