GMC AP in Canada

CDNSS

Anybody using the GMC ap in Canada ?? Mine does not show parked location  correctly just shows  truck always at my home ??  Dealer thinks that function not available in Canada , that dont make sense to me.  Any ideas pretty sure I have all the settings correct

3 hours ago, CDNSS said:

Anybody using the GMC ap in Canada ?? Mine does not show parked location  correctly just shows  truck always at my home ??  Dealer thinks that function not available in Canada , that dont make sense to me.  Any ideas pretty sure I have all the settings correct

What do you mean by GMC ap?  

6 hours ago, CDNSS said:

2 hours ago, Donstar said:

What do you mean by GMC ap?  

I  assume he means the phone ap. 

I just updated the ap on an android (apparently I didn't have the current update)

Opened, had to select country (canada) and then selected truck and I showed a map that included the the location of both the truck and phone -- but no 'mapdot' of precise location.

I tapped the 'set location' button and it said truck is parked near and it listed the correct location of both and added the mapdot.  

What I don't know is if it was using the phone or the truck or both -- since both are based on the available cell service for location.

Seems to be enabled in Canada. I'll have to try it when the truck and phone are separated.

Sori yes the Phone AP.  And yes not with phone connected  so if you left truck at dealer  parked location should show the dealer location  on the ap when upu at home 

As far as I can tell from using the app is that when you select the "parked location", is that it sets the location to your phone.  It is not tracking the truck.  I have both MyGMC and MyBuick, when i select the set location, it comes to the location that the phone is setting.  It is not a GPS tracking device on the vehicle, That is something that Onstar will do if you report a vehicle stolen. If that is what the dealer told you, they are misinformed.   

Archived